so how do you all deal with copycats. i have 2, my younger brother, which i guess isn't suprising, and a friend. they both keep suddenly changing their wardrobes to match mine, my brother kepps suddenly deciding that he likes all the same music as me and that he hates all the other bands he used to listen to that i don't like, and my friend has changed his plans so he's basically gonna be applying to every university as me.
i know i can't stop them likin the same things as me, that would be selfish, i just wondered if anyone could give me any tips on not goin crazy,
and i don't want any tips which will envolve goin out of my way to change my style to somethin wierd or anythin for a whole or anythin about givin them gay seks specialy as one is my brother

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

My brother used to do the same thing. Just give it some time and he'll eventually find his own style.
Quote by TnT~55
My brother used to do the same thing. Just give it some time and he'll eventually find his own style.

dude i hope you're right!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by gavz_verdikt

Tell your brother you like older men, online chatrooms, and chains. You'll never have this problem again.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Tell your brother you like older men, online chatrooms, and chains. You'll never have this problem again.

ha lol, good idea, and kinda funny
also the sorta stuff i don't want cos then everyone else will take it literally an no one will like me
a lot people i know are homophobes so...

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by gavz_verdikt

Quote by pinkhaze29
Maybe your friend is scared about going to college?

we still got 2 ****in years till that, trust me, hes not scared yet, hopefully he'll have changed his mind by then

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by gavz_verdikt

Well I never had the little brother thing with mine...luckily. I think it's an emulation thing. The younger sibling looks up to the older one as a sort of "hero", and wants to be like them, because they see them as this figure that they admire deeply. That does change after a while, and they develop their own sense of self.

And as for the friend, tell them to get a life and figure things out for himself. He should know better than to copy you.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Quote by Giant Tool
ha lol, good idea, and kinda funny
also the sorta stuff i don't want cos then everyone else will take it literally an no one will like me a lot people i know are homophobes so...

Fucking hell I wasn't serious.

Just let him do it. As long as he doesn't follow you around, it can't be that annoying. But you should tell your friends your gay anyway just because they're homophobes.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by ldnovelo
btw, how old are you both?

my friend'll soon be 17, i'm still 16 but i've pretty much already set my goals out and so i know where i plan on goin

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by gavz_verdikt

Quote by Giant Tool
we still got 2 ****in years till that, trust me, hes not scared yet, hopefully he'll have changed his mind by then

Well, I have two more years as well, and a lot of my friends are afraid of moving out and all that stuff already. Talk to him about it.
Quote by Giant Tool
my friend'll soon be 17, i'm still 16 but i've pretty much already set my goals out and so i know where i plan on goin

and your brother?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
I had a friend who listened to only hardcore. The minute I started getting into all the older 60's and 70's psychedelic stuff, he did too. I got my ear pierced, he did to. I play guitar, he decided he wanted to as well. Too bad he sucks.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by nosushi4you
I had a friend who listened to only hardcore. The minute I started getting into all the older 60's and 70's psychedelic stuff, he did too. I got my ear pierced, he did to. I play guitar, he decided he wanted to as well. Too bad he sucks.

that is not real. booo
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
For your friend, wear something completely stupid for a few days so they won't wanna copy you. For your brother, start pretending to like some crappy bands and he'll go off copying you.
Quote by Renka

when hasn't a kitten brightened my day .

anyway, yeah man the second i do a lot of stuff my friends emulate it. its flattering, but annoying, now i just tell them to do thier own thing. my brother also did that a few years ago, hes out of it now so its a waiting game.
Last edited by MiasmA at Oct 21, 2007,
Quote by ldnovelo
that is not real. booo

?? How is it not real?
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by ldnovelo
and your brother?

by brothers only 12 or 13, i forget which

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Quote by gavz_verdikt

Quote by Renka

...Aww...see, this is why I'm a cat person. That, and they don't drool as much as dogs.