I'm thinking about changing my Marshall AVT50 for a Roland Cube 60. Firstly is the Cube 60 as loud as a Marshall AVT50 and secondly what do you think of the Roland Cube 60 compared to the Marshall AVT50?
It's an improvement, but not a huge one. And it will be about the same, volume-wise. Your best bet will probably be saving up for a valve combo instead if you want an improvement. What kind of music do you play, and how much can you spend?
Cube 60s are good amps, better than AVTs. but id rather gewt a 15w Tube combo as opposed to another SS/Digital amp.
ya cube 60's are nice, if you fiddle with it.
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
I don't think a cube 60 is that much of an upgrade. If you want loud, get a tube amp. ~my 2 cents
Thanks. Does anyone know if you can unplug the speaker from the amp and plug in a head. I'm thinking about getting a tiny terror that i can put thru it occasionally.
Quote by The red Strat.
huh what ? unplugging the AVT speaker and putting a TT in it ??

Cheaper than buying an Orange cab...
no i meant, where's the sound coming from ? he doesn't have a speaker then. just the TT into an AVT whithout a speaker
Quote by Denthúl
I've a feeling he meant using the speaker from the AVT.

Quote by Ralph1980
Thanks. Does anyone know if you can unplug the speaker from the amp and plug in a head. I'm thinking about getting a tiny terror that i can put thru it occasionally.

so a tiny terror through an AVT speaker without a cab ?
Yep. I want to plug a tiny terror into the actual cab. I like to use a solid state for gigs/practices cause it's less likely to get broken and have a low watt valve head such as the tiny terror for home recording so I can crank it up. I was wondering if you could plug into the speaker on a Roland Cube 60 tho rather than a Marshall. I've got a Vintage 30 I'm going to shove in whichever amp I end up using. Can you unplug the Roland 60 speaker and put a tiny terror head into it? I know you can do it with the Marshall.
Quote by Ralph1980
Yep. I want to plug a tiny terror into the actual cab. I like to use a solid state for gigs/practices cause it's less likely to get broken and have a low watt valve head such as the tiny terror for home recording so I can crank it up. I was wondering if you could plug into the speaker on a Roland Cube 60 tho rather than a Marshall. I've got a Vintage 30 I'm going to shove in whichever amp I end up using. Can you unplug the Roland 60 speaker and put a tiny terror head into it? I know you can do it with the Marshall.

huh ? you want to plug the TT into what ?

you don't plug into a speaker. you plug into an amp or cab to use it as an extension cab.

why would you unplug the speaker and then put a TT through the roland? you'll have no sound at all.

i seriously don't get what you're trying to say.
Sorry for my poor grammer. What I mean is to take the speaker lead out and put a longer speaker lead in that I can plug into either the Marshall Preamp or the TT. Either that or make some sort of adaptor that I can put on it to make it reach. Has the roland cube got a speaker lead or is it all inside the amp and hard to get to?
Plug the TT cab into the Aux in. I THINK.

Omage really I have no clue. WARNING: IF I AM WRONG, YOUR AMP WILL DIE. Please verify what I'm saying with another source.
Alternatively I could make a sombrero out of my Vintage 30, put it on my head at a jaunty angle and plug the speaker cable straight into the Tiny Terror. That way I don't have to lug a speaker cabinet around anymore...