Page 1 of 2
Does anyone else collect/play any of the Warhammer games? I play 40k and I have a Dark Eldar force.

I was at an Apocalypse game yesterday (basically Apocalypse is just 40k, with a ****load of troops on the field, no point limit, and Titans.)

It was intense. There were at least 30 people playing at once. It was good vs evil, or in other words the Imperium against everything else.

It was amazing

So yeah, who else plays/collects?
I used to collect orks but lost interest. I had quite a decent army as well. Some time in the future im thinking of starting a chaos army, just for fun.
I haven't played in about a year but I do have like 2000 points of Ogres and 2000 points of Daemonhunters painted.

It really is a very fun game.
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Chaos are bastards... in a good way. My friend plays them. Splinter Cannon + Chaos Terminator = hilarious, though.
I used to play a few years ago, had a moderately large Imperial Guard army, but sort of just drifted out of it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I used to... wouldn't mind to have the odd one off game every now and again, it's just so expensive though.

However, I do love Dark Crusade, lol.

Same I guess.

And I love it that you still have that quote.
Quote by Renka
Same I guess.

And I love it that you still have that quote.

D00d, it's Renka, the deliverer of links and the player of metal! ... and the put-er on-er of pants!
I went to a games convention once with a friend, and we played Warhammer. It was time consuming, but great fun. I think it's a very clever game.

We couldn't afford our own orc armies, so in technology class we all built little tanks n' stuff. We played a few games with slightly modified rules.
iv'e got roughly 4000 points of orcs at my dads house...haven't playing in a long time
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
I'm just lucky. I bought most of my Dark Eldar a few years ago, but then I didn't have any to play with. So I forgot about them. But this year, an entire group of my friends started playing. So now I have at least nine people to play with, just at my school. And I know about games and tournaments now. So I'm getting right back into it
I played like twice. But I don't really consider myself a warhammer player or anything. I don't know anything about it lol.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
I used to collect but I lost interest. I collected LOTR Warhammer and I still have them. I didn't really play the game, I played once at Games Workshop and I was really confused. I might get back into it but It was really quite expensive.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Well I play the PC games.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
i used to, but trust me its a waste of money

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

I used to have a 3000 point Tyranid army, man I kicked ass

Lost interest pretty quickly though.
*raises hand*

Yeah Ive been playing for a while now.......I play a 1500pt khorne dedicated chaos army
and a 1500pt grey knight force for fun now and again....
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
tomb kings ftw

Man it was so cool... chariots and stuff... I used to play it a lot... but now I dont have the time anymore and Im wasting my money on other stuff.

I think I had 2500 points of Tomb kings, 1500 orks and 1500 space orks.

Ah dude everytime I think of It I wan't to play it, but It's so ****ing time-consuming
i hav a pretty big space marines army probs about 3000 points

got most of it off ebay (cause i hate painting the models) so most of it is pro painted
What are all these points about??
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

tomb kings ftw

Man it was so cool... chariots and stuff... I used to play it a lot... but now I dont have the time anymore and Im wasting my money on other stuff.

I think I had 2500 points of Tomb kings, 1500 orks and 1500 space orks.

Ah dude everytime I think of It I wan't to play it, but It's so ****ing time-consuming

Yeah there a cool army but there waaaayyyyy too good,broken army list if you ask me
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
I got like the sword ones, not the gun ones, when i was about 10. Lost intrest within about 3 weeks, painting them is a bitch. Still under my bed, cos me £100, its a rip off
Manchester United
i have 5000 points of ultras, and i'm starting a khorne 6000 point army
Quote by bungeeboy
i have 5000 points of ultras, and i'm starting a khorne 6000 point army

That many points of Chaos... Run away!
Quote by tommo619
What are all these points about??

In each armies book (or codex), each model has its own points value depending on how good it is. So when you played a game both players decide on a points limit to play and the players pick their army to that limit. It makes the game equal and fair.

I play Tau and Ogres and have about 2000pts of each.
Has anyone read the Horus Heresy books, or any of the Black library stuff?
Guitar: Jackson JS30KV
PSN id : craig_241
Steam
Feel free to add me!
A mate of mine at school did it, I painted his models for him, well, only the special ones. Who has time to paint a hundred wee men?
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
my bro used to so i kinda tagged along as well. i was a true bretonnian player (knights ftfw!), with 40k, i was space wolves. we still ahve lods of that stuff around, like £350 worth of stuff lol, we still have so ogre box set, shed load of empire, orcs, goblins, and like 3 grey knights (they look ****ing awesome).
DANK MEMES
I just started playing last night with a friend and had a good time.

We both played with Dark Eldar and I utterly destroyed him, even though he's been playing for several years and told me what to do.
I used to play, now I just paint. Here's my latest:

Templars ftw! Anyone else paint for competitions/model shows?
I used to collect, but I sort of stopped (i.e. I couldnt be arsed to pay the prices anymore). Had about 1500 points of dark eldar, 1000+ points of vampire counts and was working on a chaos tzeentch army for fantasy and a space marine army for 40k. Strangely enough I thought today that one day if I have the funds I might start again. It is a great game, bit nerdy, but evry1 needs to indulge in a bit of nerdyness once in a while IMO. If it gets too much tho, youre in trouble.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I dont see it as "nerdy". I enjoy it as a hobby. Its good when you look at your newly painted army and feel proud of it only to have it wiped out when you play a game the next day .
Guitar: Jackson JS30KV
PSN id : craig_241
Steam
Feel free to add me!
Quote by Craig_241
I dont see it as "nerdy". I enjoy it as a hobby. Its good when you look at your newly painted army and feel proud of it only to have it wiped out when you play a game the next day .

Darn right. It's not nerdy at all. Plus it's a much better waste... I mean, investment, then certain other things.
I had a high elves army for fantasy and I have a 1500 point space wolves army but I don't play anymore
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
Quote by Count Seanula
I had a high elves army for fantasy and I have a 1500 point space wolves army but I don't play anymore

You're from near me
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Not really. Sure, a lot of "nerds" play it, but it's great for kids to learn a skill, teamwork and use of logic.

Yeah, and it's a great social tool. Once you have your army built, you can go to tournaments or just down to your local games store, and play against others and meet new people.
Quote by Velvet_Craig
You're from near me

I guessed
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
Page 1 of 2