i was looking on a fender 25r sometime soon, but i have a couple of questions. from what i've heard, the gain channel is more of a bluesy sound, which i like, but could i get a good metal distortion out of it, or should i get a distortion pedal with it? also, how is the clean sound on it? thanks
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
They aren't great amps. They're not even particularly good amps, and wouldn't be much better than the one you already have. You'd be much better off looking into a small valve combo and overdrive pedal for what you're after.

How much do you have to spend on an amp?
Don't get it, I have the 25r stashed away somewhere, it's not good. It has usable cleans and you can get a nice classic rock crunch on the clean channel with an overdrive pedal. However the distortion channel is terrible, it's really thin and doesn't do metal well. The electronics are unreliable and it breaks easilly.
i play pretty much anything, but mostly classic rock (zeppelin, hendrix, acdc), and i don't really wanna spend much more than $200 or so. and the amp i have is pretty good, but i personally just dont like the sound of the gain channel
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
It's a great beginner amp.

Other than that...negatory. Look into a roland microcube or cube?
I am the Infantry.
vox ac30vt definitely then.

EDIT: i meant an ad 30vt
i was thinking of the ac30 while i typed this...
Last edited by The red Strat. at Oct 21, 2007,
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 on the Palomino.
Quote by Denthúl
Try this.

Will give you a much better sound than that Fender

so thats pretty much sexy as hell

anyway, thanks for all the suggestions
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
Quote by Denthúl
Try this.

Will give you a much better sound than that Fender

YES. thats the one.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I was at a jam on Thursday, I brought my palomino and it owned the other guy's fender solid state.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?