http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JVX10-X-King-V?sku=512235

vs.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Dave-Mustaine-V-VMNT1-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=514043

vs.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-V500-Electric-Guitar?sku=512895

I'm debating between these guitars. I'm leaning towards the Dean because the quality of that model seems to be the highest (mostly indicated by it being the most expensive). Also that has a thru-body neck, which is soemthing i've wanted for awhile. A Floyd Rose isn't a necessity, I dont use whammy bars a whole lot. Any thoughts or advice would be welcome.

Also I have a Jackson Kelly and the unbalanced neck/ body is driving me nuts. the neck always drops toawrds the floor when not being held up. I read a review for a Kelly once and the author (of the review) said that he adujusted the location of the strap lock on the body, moving it closer towards the center. Any info, or advice on said matter would be wonderful.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Well, the jackson here is of much lower quality than the rest. I'd take the ESP. It seems to be your best choice. Although all companies are trustworthy, this specific Dean is probably overpriced cos it's a sig model.

The ESP has all you need. And it's the best value.
If I were you, I'd go for Jackson. Dean guitars are so overrated - a friend of mine has about seven and the only two I found to be any good were the Cadillac and the V. The MLs and **** are absolutely horrible.
Quote by sashki
Well, the jackson here is of much lower quality than the rest. I'd take the ESP. It seems to be your best choice. Although all companies are trustworthy, this specific Dean is probably overpriced cos it's a sig model.

The ESP has all you need. And it's the best value.

I agree. The Dean looks like poop too. Ugly headstock and the body looks too small.
Definitely go for the ESP in this case. The Jackson is one of the lower quality models, and unless you want to save up $2000 for a KV2 I wouldn't bother. The only reason the Dean is more expensive is because Dave Mustaine's name is written on it
Quote by Mark-O1987666
If you're gonna be playing sat down, don't get a V...you'll regret it I promise you.

You can rest the guitar with your right leg between the wings of the V. It's similar to the classical position and IMO much more comfortable than the "rock" position.
Quote by Kanthras
You can rest the guitar with your right leg between the wings of the V. It's similar to the classical position and IMO much more comfortable than the "rock" position.

Yup. Also you can still have more than one guitar..But people seem to overlook that fact.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
i think you should go with the dave mustaine sig
pretty awesome ****.
sounds good too
played it personally =D
played that jackson too.
I mean, it's slicck, but i like the dean a lot betta
Why evne bother with the Jackson? They play and sound nice, but aren't going to compare to the other 2. Look at a used Jackson Professional King V. I bet you could get a Jackson Professional Dave Mustaine for around that price too. The quality and sound of it will smoke those other two.
The Mustaine is probably one of the better imports to come out from China if not the best in terms of just quality.

The KVX10 is average, but if you want a V shape or similar, go for the RR3 as sashki mentioned. I like it, but I'm very lazy and sit a lot when practicing. I'm either going for the BC Rich WMD Warbeast or Dean Razorback Two Tone, I'd look at them if I was you.

The Warbeast is very highly rated, and I'm off to look for it tomorrow.

If you don't want a floyd rose, you've got more options. Go window shop. I always end up googling stuff and then buy a guitar that suits me best eventually, which means I'm going to end up with the Dean FBD I tried earlier this week, which was just brilliant.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
id go for the jackson personally, i think its better ive played it, pretty insane sound i think the DM Active pup sounds better then EMG's they have more punch and its a neck thru unless i might be mistaken i dont know but the esp/ltd is bolt on? idr, anyways i was thinking about getting myself one of the jacksons nice guitars only thing is wrong is jacksons owned by fender now :|
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Quote by BlackList666
id go for the jackson personally, i think its better ive played it, pretty insane sound i think the DM Active pup sounds better then EMG's they have more punch and its a neck thru unless i might be mistaken i dont know but the esp/ltd is bolt on? idr, anyways i was thinking about getting myself one of the jacksons nice guitars only thing is wrong is jacksons owned by fender now :|

If you buy into that PRe/Post Fender BS< you're an idiot:

FACT: JCF Custom Shop was run into the ground with outdated equipment and poor funding, causing horrendous QC.

FACT: The trems of the Akai units weren't too great. Fender as of about 2 years ago put higher quality metals on the baseplates for the trems.

FACT: Akai did away with the highly successful Jackson Professional lineup and the setup of it. Most will tell you the guitars haven't been the same since.

FACT: Fender started putting real Duncans and EMG actives in there guitars.

So you tell me if Fender was so bad for J/C guitars
Quote by Colgate Total

oh my god...

i think i love you

this wins my vote, anyone got any good reasons not too get it?

does the neck outwiegh the body? as in, will the neck drop to the floor when i play standing up?
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

There was a thread on that guitar. Use the search. The only reasons I can think of not to get it is the trem will probably need replaced in a year as it looks like garbage, and the inlays look stupid. For $620, you can get a Jackson RR3 thats MIJ, has a better trem and finish, and Duncan pickups.
out of those I'd go for the LTD, but I think you should give the Jackson RR3 a look there awesome guitars, I uset to have one till I traded it in to get my RR24
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I'm not real fond of the Rhoads guitars. Partly because i don't liek the shape, and partly cause im not a fan of Ozzy/Rhandy Rhoads. I'd rather have a V that's equal size on both sides, or close to it.
Quote by Prophet of Page