Want to upgrade it
And change the look of it,
as much as i like it, i've got a bit bored with it to be honest

Its black, with gold hardware.

I know the obvious things to do are pickups and electronics,
what else can i do.

i was thinking about fitting a floyd rose, will a floyd rose fit?
as i'm not a fan of bigsbys

thanks
to put in a floyd rose, u need to get the guitar routed out to fit a floyd rose. it would be possible, but i wouldn't recommend it. (i'm a traditionalist that thinks LPs need hard tail bridges for its sustain.)
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
You'd have to route the body (cut some wood out) to fit a Floyd Rose, plus cut a wider slot for the locking nut, and that's sort of irreversible.

You could replace tuners (for locking ones eg Grovers), strap buttons (for straplocks), nut (for a graphite or brass one), frets, finish, pickguard, pickups, knobs and switch(es), pots, other electronics and bridge/tailpiece without having to alter the guitar wood.
Last edited by blue_strat at Oct 21, 2007,
well i've routed out for a floyd rose on my project, so know what i'm doing there, just didn't know if les pauls are thick enough.
and if i did that i'd most likely have to refinish it.

And it has already had the electrics upgraded.
yea. they are thick enough. i've seen floyd rose fitted les pauls too. refinishing would be nice too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Right well what i want to do, is change the gold hardware + pickups to silver.
Or bridge in silver and pickups black, maybe active EMG's

Whether the bridge will stay as a hardtail or floyd rose, really not sure.

And i will maybe relic it, as it'll be easier and quicker than refinishing
I honestly wouldnt route a Les Paul for an FR, it would take alot of wood out of it, which takes tone and sustain with it. Les Pauls have some what of a signature sound, and routing an FR would change the sound alot. And go for a ZR trem instead of an OFR. I think that doing EMGs would require a total rewire job, as it needs a certain jack, pots, and caps i think. And actives sound bad on SS amps i think. The extra signal would ppush it a bit more than it should be. Id refinish it, just for experiance. Silverburst w/ a black trem would look awesome.
Well the amp is being changed very soon, the sooner the better
believe me, i've had enough stick on here for it aha
By christmas hopefully

And i actually just looked at the silverburst epi and thought how awsome it looked
If you want EMG's but chrome hardware, you should get chrome pickup rings.
Kahler=very small route
FR=take half of the wood out of the guitar.

Kahler sells stud mount cam tremolos that should mount onto tailpiece spaced studs. They still require routing though, but its very small compared to a Floyd and only on the top of the guitar.

I second a Kahler even though they are more expensive new than an OFR. You might be able to score a good condition used one off ebay or something.