i was thinking of modding a used Ibanez s470. i was thinking of changing the neck to a RG prestige neck, but would it fit in the body of the s470?
Depends on which neck. Ibanez say they both use Wizard (or Wizard 2) necks, but I've heard people say they feel completely different.

The thing is, the RG has 24 frets, whereas the S has 22. It would stick out too far, and would **** up your intonation.
Quote by sashki
Depends on which neck. Ibanez say they both use Wizard (or Wizard 2) necks, but I've heard people say they feel completely different.

The thing is, the RG has 24 frets, whereas the S has 22. It would stick out too far, and would **** up your intonation.

Yes, but intonation can be adjusted.

I don't know much about this sort of thing, but I would think you could.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
i know the RG has 24 frets thats why i wanted to put one there on the first place but if its gonna f**** my intonation.....
If you could move the bridge/saddls back far enough to accommidate the RG's scale length, you could do it. Also, if you have an S with a locking trem, use an RG neck with a locking nut.
Intonation can be adjusted, but not to the extent of having more frets.

You see, it the neck sticks out further, the scale length becomes longer.
The frets on the neck are placed at intervals for a 25.5 inch scale length.
So no matter how you adjsut it, you won't get the notes sounding right. It'll be fuxxored.

If you try putting it "deeper" into the body, the fingerboard would end up going where the neck pickup is meant to be. You'd have to move the pickup closer to the bridge...

It's a real pain.

Just wait for Herman Li's signature model. It's a 24 fret S. Although it's designed to his specs, he refuses to put his name on it, saying taht it should be something for everyone.

You could also move the bridge forward, but that would be even harder.
Quote by LesPaul313
hmmmm tnx for the tip. whens herman li s guitar coming out?

I have no idea.
I saw it in Total Guitar. He's still getting prototypes, and changing the neck shape. It migth be out in early 08, but I seriously don't know.

Might even be before that.
Quote by sashki
I have no idea.
I saw it in Total Guitar. He's still getting prototypes, and changing the neck shape. It migth be out in early 08, but I seriously don't know.

Might even be before that.

He helped design the V shape for Ibanez, it was originally going to be his sig. But about your guitar i dont think its a wise idea for all the reasons Sashki said.
Manchester United