Any Purple fans? Blackmore's style is partly responsible for guitar players like Suicmez and other tech players.

(I think this is aloud. I'll delete it if it's not.)
I like the early DP, but later era's started to suck a bit - the era's without Richtie Blackmore - in fact, I'm watchin a purple DVD in about half an hour, hopefully.
I'm sad to say I never really got into Deep Purple. I'm a big Rainbow fan though, and I hear good things about Blackmore's Night, so I have to check that out. You should go to the preexisting Deep Purple thread though. It's in Classic Rock.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293232&highlight=deep+purple
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Deep Purple are an amazing band, love them to death
they don't belong in here by this forum's standards tho

saw them live earlier this year and the show blew me totally away
those who say that they're nothing without Blackmore should really go to see them, Steve Morse can play the hell out of his guitar
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

my dad really go's overboard with deep purple, saying Richie black more is the best guitar player ever! and deep purple is the best band! i swear he's such a ignorant hippie. he refuses to acknowledge all the great guitar players of today. its like his mind cant comprehend it.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
i think deep purple is classic rock... if not, hard rock. definitely not metal though...blackmore kind of invented shredding. but he didn't play metal.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293232&highlight=deep+purple
there we go.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
i think deep purple is classic rock... if not, hard rock. definitely not metal though...blackmore kind of invented shredding. but he didn't play metal.

I don't know if Sabbath belongs here, then Deep Purple MIGHT be able to be in here.
well when I saw them playing Smoke On The Water, it was f'ing heavy, almost thrash metal feel to it, could have easily been a metal song
a lot better and heavier than the studio version tbh
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by metal Lover
I don't know if Sabbath belongs here, then Deep Purple MIGHT be able to be in here.

so... u can't hear the difference between sabbath and deep purple?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
You really think deep purple is metal huh?
Sabbath was a lot different than deep purple.
And some of Sabbaths songs weren't metal. Iron man, fairies wear boots, the wizard, the warning etc. don't really come across as metal to me.