Hey guys i need a new amp. My needs are:
- 400-600 USD (give or take 20 bucks) I cannot save up because my parents wont let me use my money.
- New is a must(parents.....)
- combo amp is preferred because it takes up less space and i dont need that much power
- FX loops is needed
- has decent cleans. Im not expecting like Fender Deluxe reverb cleans... just like decent..
- has crunch for iron maiden and metallica(NOTE: I will either get a bad monkey or Fulltone OCD if it is needed)
- Tube amp
- mainly used for home use and recording levels. possibly do small gigs in the future, 30 watts at most. i can go to 50 watts but that might not be in the price range
- good quality.

currently i have a schecter gryphon as the guitar.
Man, i hate the restrictions parents put on us, but its nice of them to be buying you this. Im thinking Peavey Classic 30 with an OCD might do it. If you could go used and use your money also, you could really get into some nice amps.
Quote by Denthúl
Palomino V32, though it doesn't have an effects loop. You'd probably also need an overdrive pedal to get heavier tones with it.

good one. i was picturing this one in my mind. u can probably hack in an effects loop.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Peavey Classic + OCD = The Secks
Try and convince your parents to get used.
Only way an amp is really "worth it" is if you get it used.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^ I did save up to 600 dollars at one point, but my parents wont let me use it, so they jsut took it and put it in my bank account. i cant use my own money for anything, except food.
How can i "hack"an effects loop into an amp?
The Peavey Valveking 50 watt 112 tube combo is $449. It sounds reasonably good at low volume also. Try it first as opinions are divided on whether or not it is metal enough. Features and versatility are very good. Palominos and Peavey Classics are great, but you might have to go used for the Classic. Lots of good stuff on the used market.
How do i hack an effects loop into an amp that already doesnt have one?
^^u should locate the line between the preamp and the poweramp, and put a jack between it. DPDT toggle switch to either bypass or activate.

or put in a parallel effects loop by making a transformer based line splitter so it doesn't introduce hum, and put a blend pot to blend the two.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
b-52 at-112 might be worth a look? though it's geared towards a bit more modern of a sound