Over the last couple of days I've been playing around with the beginnings of my new mini "home studio" setup, and I've had a load of fun. I think I've come up with some pretty decent results as well. Here are a couple full covers I have so far, and yeah, I know my vocals are hilariously awful.

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/95-trooperwvox.mp3
http://www.netmusicians.org/files/25-paranoid.mp3
Last edited by electrik at Oct 21, 2007,
Your tone is pretty amazing imo!
And your playing in the trooper is amazing man!

I love recording too!
whats ur recording setup?
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Dude your playing KICKS ASS! Perffect tone, get a singer, and rock hard dude. Or jsut remove the singing, because it makes this really funny... and I would rather have this be serious and good then funny.

EDIT: I love recording as well, rarely ever get to, I like jamming over my recordings aswell. If you record anything else including covers or originals, be sure to pm them to me or something.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Last edited by ericgentz at Oct 21, 2007,
sometimes i really hate recording. Sometimes I just can't play a riff PERFECTLY and I know that it has to perfect on the recording. You got great results though. How long have you been playing? your quite good
holy shiitt, that trooper cover is awesome,except for the singing(that made it funny). but yeah.excellent work in the playing and tone and recording
Thanks guys! The singing meant to be a joke, I know I'm terrible, but I wanted to fill the space/test my vocal recording. I'm also a fan of comic relief.

As for gear, I'm using a Presonus Firepod firewire interface, a Shure SM57 dynamic mic, and an Audio-Technica AT3035 condenser mic. Software is Reaper 2.0 with a bunch of sweet VST plugins I "acquired".
come on, the vocals weren't even fair.

good job on the guitars, bass, and drums though. none of my friends know this song, so i can't jam to it
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
The vocals on the Paranoid aren't half bad.

But yeah, the rest sounds good.
haha, that was great man. I thought your vocals were actually pretty cool on the trooper, lol. Great tone and playing bro.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Duude! I've got a quickrod too! I love those things!
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
No there isn't. See under name.

You can get so much satisfaction out of a good recording. That's what makes me keep recording.
hey, nice to see you around, good work. sounds great.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
very good playing. your vocals are complete and utter ownage.. in a bad way lol
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
The quality is amazing and the guitar sounds great. The vocals are hilarious too.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
The Trooper fucking owns. Please remove the vocals though

edit: Do you use a delay peddal? if so, why setting did you use for your lead tone? Cause it's really sweet.

Quote by Witch-king
The Trooper fucking owns. Please remove the vocals though

edit: Do you use a delay peddal? if so, why setting did you use for your lead tone? Cause it's really sweet.

Hahah, actually I do have the original version without the vocals, the whole falsetto through the entire song idea was really an afterthought.

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/89-troopernew.mp3