Hokay, so it's not an actual reverb shootout, I just thought it sounded sexy.

I need a reverb pedal super bad, my EVJ really needs one.
I have 70 dollars I thinkz, not much.

Should I get a ****ty Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb... (like 40 bucks i think)

or wait for the holiness...EHX HOLY GRAIL REVERB (100 dollars)

I'm playing a MIM SSS Fender Strat, if that makes any difference.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Holy Grail on ebay
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I have the Holy Grail and its great. Danelectro makes some good pedals and some crap pedals. Had I known they made a reverb I certainly would have tried it.
I've been looking for a reverb too (and still am). After some extensive testing I've realized the holy grail doesn't live up to the hype at all. It's noisy, not very natural sounding; better left switched off.
Line 6 Verbzilla is sweet. Lots of different reverbs and tweaking.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
Quote by mr_hankey
I've been looking for a reverb too (and still am). After some extensive testing I've realized the holy grail doesn't live up to the hype at all. It's noisy, not very natural sounding; better left switched off.

Really? I've heard nothing but good about it. What would you recommend in it's place? I MUST have a reverb pedal soon, an Alice In Chains song I'm learning really needs it.

Edit: Let me put it this way, can the Holy Grail handle the reverb on the intro to Rooster by Alice In Chains? (not the unplugged version, obviously)
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Last edited by i(ncubus)play at Oct 21, 2007,
Quote by mr_hankey

truth
modded fender 63 is where its at.
I've heard good things about the Holy Grail...also you could try the Boss RV-5 or the Line 6 Verbzilla.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by mr_hankey

Are you sure? Mine is virtually silent, sounds so much more natural than the Boss/Line6 ones and is more or less left switched on.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Really? I've heard nothing but good about it. What would you recommend in it's place?

I'm still looking. At the moment, it looks like I'll be getting a clone of the Fender unit.

Quote by Tombe
Are you sure? Mine is virtually silent, sounds so much more natural than the Boss/Line6 ones and is more or less left switched on.

Yeah, although I guess my negative opinion is mostly because I compared it to various Fender amps instead of other reverb pedals.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Oct 21, 2007,
^a spring reverb pedal. that would be nice.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard