Looking to change my strings. I've got an Epiphone PR5E (that is mainly unplugged). I've got Martin's at the moment, but I was wondering if there were any other string brands I should look into. I really like a crisp bright sound.
Try the D'addario Phospor Bronze's in light or medium. They're 5 to 6 bucks cheaper than the martin's and sound great.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
I've always used Martin Marquis and I think they're great.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
Try the D'addario Phospor Bronze's in light or medium. They're 5 to 6 bucks cheaper than the martin's and sound great.

+1 to mediums
Elixers are too expensive. Not only that but they sound kinda annoying. If you want deep sound go for the D'addarios.
I hate to sound like a tool, but most generally you can't beat polyweb Elixers. They work particularly well if you're playing really technical stuff requiring a lot of moving up and down the fret-board.

If those are too expensensive (which they are) or you don't want to catch flak for using them (which you will), I recommend D'addario phospher bronze. Mediums, for my taste.
Martin makes a string for whatever you want. Read the info on the box. Some are designed for a crisp clear tone and others for warmth. I also prefer Marquis or SP's. By the way I buy them on line and pay $3.89 a set. I usually buy 5 or 6 sets at a time as I have to pay shipping of about $5.
am i the only one who uses electric strings on my acoustic? (daddario 12s)
it gives it a really bright sound
Quote by :-D
I once saw somebody carry a Guitar Hero controller in a case to protect it. He probably should have packed his testicles in there too, seeing as he won't need to use those for quite a while.

Explorer Club member #4
PM JEST87 to join
I can't stand a non-wound G, so no, I don't use electric strings on my acoustic.
If your on a budget grab some D'Addario Phosphor Bronze strings. If you can spend more on strings and want them to last a bit longer then get D'Addario Phosphor Bronze EXP's.
If you can spend mroe and want to get the longest lasting strings around (also rather expensive, you have to try them to see if the price is worth it for you...) then get some Elixir Phosphor Bronze Nanowebs
Thanks for the help, guys :] I think I'll go for the D'Addario Phosphor Bronze EXP's.
I've gotta go with Hack. Martin SPs all the way. Even on my Ovation.
Death to Ovation haters!
if you want a crisp bright sound, i'd go with the elixirs over the d'addario exps. i myself like exps better, but you said you really wanted a crisp, bright sound. imo, crisp and bright is like the definition of elixirs.
i have the D'Addario Phosphor Bronze strings(light) and they made my guitar sounds pretty sweet for a while but the sound goes to **** in just like a month. My guitar is a piece of **** though.
Quote by starwars
i have the D'Addario Phosphor Bronze strings(light) and they made my guitar sounds pretty sweet for a while but the sound goes to **** in just like a month. My guitar is a piece of **** though.

A month? How often do you play?

I have to change strings weekly.