i just realized that i promised the student i'm teaching that i'd have a song this tuesday for him to learn with the chords he's been working on. and i also just realized that i can't find any with just those three chords. so can anyone help me out? easiest song you can think of, and no rock-ish songs where you're supposed to use powerchords.
Um, have him do like... err, I Used To Love Her by Guns N' Roses. And just transpose it, since it's originally in D.

Then the chord progression will be:

C G F G x2
F G x3 end with a C

And repeat. Only one I can think of atm. Or maybe Dead Flowers by the Stones?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Johnny Cash - i hung my head
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
if he knows a D aswell you could do You've got to hide your love away by the beatles.
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
There are like a million songs that go by the chord progression Am C G F...
To name a few...
Fall to pieces by Avril Lavinge
Stare at the Sun by Thrice...
well if you can teach him a minor

save tonight

search it on youtube
Quote by REBAN primusfan
i enjoy getting boners. they make me feel important.

Quote by chubbychunks
George Lucas didn't invent Christianity, although he was a big contributor.
Quote by af_the_fragile
There are like a million songs that go by the chord progression Am C G F...
To name a few...
Fall to pieces by Avril Lavinge
Stare at the Sun by Thrice...

Let it be
No Woman No Cry
So Lonely

all C G Am F
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
Same Jeans - The View

Pretty sure that only uses those three chords
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Fortunate Son, CCR

At some points, it has D too, but it's mostly GFC.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
These are the only three he knows? E, A, and D (minor or major), for instance, are considerably easier than G, C and F in my opinion - so he's not already learned them, no?
Why don't you make something up for him?
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
The Young Crazed Peeling by The Distiller is only those 3 chords.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
I will play my game beneath the spin lights - Brand New
it has some powerchords but F G and C are open. and it has an A minor which should be easy enough for him/her.

Quote by Steve The Plank

Blues progression? You got your I,IV and V right there for ya.

I know it's off topic, but could you explain the roman numerals to me? I know they have to do with triads, but I"m not sure how.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Last edited by shut_up_n00b at Oct 21, 2007,
So he can play an F but not an A or an E or a D or anything?

Wait... if he can play the F barré chord... then there's more chords he could use than C F and G just by sliding up...
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
So he can play an F but not an A or an E or a D or anything?

Maybe he plays his Fs the easy way. Or, he needs to work on them, so he's trying to find a song with them.
Quote by shut_up_n00b

I know it's off topic, but could you explain the roman numerals to me? I know they have to do with triads, but I"m not sure how.

The roman numerals are based off the notes in a scale. For example, in C Major we have

C   D   E   F   G   A   B 
I   II  III  IV  V   VI  VII
1   2   3   4   5    6   7

Another example, in G major is:

G   A   B   C   D   E   F#
I  II  III  IV  V   VI  VII

So when someone talks about a standard twelve bar blues using I IV V in the key Of C, C would be the I, F would be the IV, and G would be V. So basically, the roman numerals represent the notes in the scale. I hope that helps, at least I think that is what your asking.

Anyways, I definitely think a twelve bar blues in the key of C would be great. There are tons in that key, a nice simple one would be Hound Dog.
Last edited by sirbiznatch007 at Oct 21, 2007,
sirbiznatch007, thanks that's what I was asking.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
so far he's only had like 3 lessons, and he doesn't know anything at all, really. i'm starting him on G C and F because they all have the same finger position for the ring and middle finger, so he can switch them easier than other chords. i made something up, but i don't particularly like it.

edit: i'm gonna go with twist and shout.
Last edited by Glen'sHeroicAct at Oct 21, 2007,