It's the Schecter bass thread!
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
I'd get a Stilletto Studio-5, but I'm too busy throwing my money at Fenders :p
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Okay... so my first question is: is anyone else completely and totally baffled as to the point of this thread? My other question being: do all Schecters have that god-awful heavy lacquer finish on their necks? I tried one a while back and put it down 5 seconds after I picked it up.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Okay... so my first question is: is anyone else completely and totally baffled as to the point of this thread?

kinda, but whatever.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Okay... so my first question is: is anyone else completely and totally baffled as to the point of this thread? My other question being: do all Schecters have that god-awful heavy lacquer finish on their necks? I tried one a while back and put it down 5 seconds after I picked it up.

I have the stiletto elite 5, and it does have a laquer finish on the neck. It can be a pain as soon as you pick it up, but once your hands get a little slippery it becomes nice. If you're not a fan of that finish though, I'd try a Studio. As far as I know (which isn't very much considering I've never played one), it has a satin finish, not laquer
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
*Blows Schecterman whistle*
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Confused4930
*Blows Schecterman whistle*

I haven't seen Fett13 around here in forever, is he still... alive?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Quote by Your41Plague12
I have the stiletto elite 5, and it does have a laquer finish on the neck. It can be a pain as soon as you pick it up, but once your hands get a little slippery it becomes nice. If you're not a fan of that finish though, I'd try a Studio. As far as I know (which isn't very much considering I've never played one), it has a satin finish, not laquer

The lacquer finish is the worst. I can't see any advantage to it over satin. I'll see if I can find a studio somewhere. Maybe it'll change my opinion of Shecters.
Quote by Your41Plague12
I haven't seen Fett13 around here in forever, is he still... alive?

Yeah, haven't seen Fett13, John Swift, and Applehead in a long time.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
The lacquer finish is the worst. I can't see any advantage to it over satin. I'll see if I can find a studio somewhere. Maybe it'll change my opinion of Shecters.

really? it hasn't bothered me at all, i own a custom 5, but now that i think about it...
The laquer finish has never really bothered me either, but to each his own. I love the feel of a nice, unfinished neck though...
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

Quote by thefitz
Yeah, haven't seen Fett13, John Swift, and Applehead in a long time.

I can't speak for Fett13 or Applehead, but John Swift has had a hectic life lately and is probably in the midst of a move at present, which probably explains why he hasn't posted in a while.
I been looking in to the Schecter Stiletto Studio-6 whats everyones thoughts? I play all sorts of music. Mostly prog metal and funk/jazz.
Any recomendations?
. . .

WOW SH*T

My Axe: WarwickThumb
Quote by sictree
I been looking in to the Schecter Stiletto Studio-6 whats everyones thoughts? I play all sorts of music. Mostly prog metal and funk/jazz.
Any recomendations?

Absolutely badass bass. I've had the chance to play a studio 4, and if the 6 is anything like it (which I imagine it would be ) you'll love it. Both finishes are equally impressive in person, so take your pick. Nice choice, by the way.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

Quote by Your41Plague12
Absolutely badass bass. I've had the chance to play a studio 4, and if the 6 is anything like it (which I imagine it would be ) you'll love it. Both finishes are equally impressive in person, so take your pick. Nice choice, by the way.

Awesome! everything iv heard has been good so far. I will have a jam on one some time soon
. . .

WOW SH*T

My Axe: WarwickThumb
Quote by sictree
Awesome! everything iv heard has been good so far. I will have a jam on one some time soon

Go for it. Make sure you become comfortable with the 3 band EQ, it's really nice once you figure out how to use it effectively. Having that 'mid' knob is really nice in a lot of situations.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist