I want this Crate out of my house. I've finally realized that the Solo channel doesn't have enough balls for the Modern Metal tone I'm shooting for. It's a boosted Master of Puppets tone.

My gear is in my sig.

Tone I'm looking for: Modern Metal. Think Testament's First Strike till Deadly, Anthrax's The Greater of Two Evils, Black Label Society's Mafia, and Symphony X's Paradise Lost. Give me high-gain, and give me meat! The amp also needs to respond well to Standard D tuning.

Budget: $550 USD.

What I'm looking for in an amp: Line out jack, Delay and Reverb, portability, footswitch option.

Pickups I'm looking at: Seymour Duncan LiveWire Dave Mustaine set.

Any other suggestions?
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Vox is always good. The XL models you are looking at are pretty good for that kind of metal tone you are looking for
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
go with the randall, heavy stuff is gonna sound bad on an XL. i hate the XL. The RG50TC is what you should go for
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Quote by zanz1bar
go with the randall, heavy stuff is gonna sound bad on an XL. i hate the XL. The RG50TC is what you should go for

I'm not in a band, so I don't need tube power. When I do get in a band, I'm making the jump to a 6505 combo.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
why not plan ahead then? the rg50tc is a great amp at the price.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by PunishedOne
I'm not in a band, so I don't need tube power. When I do get in a band, I'm making the jump to a 6505 combo.

You might as well just buy the 6505. No point in buying two amps when one will work fine.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Though the normal, non-XL line is pretty good, i'm really just disapointed with the XL series. That Randall RG75G3 doesn't get a lot of praise either. You could get a Randall RG50TC or used 5150 like the others said.
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
Do Not Get The Randall Rg75g3 They Suck Mucho Balls
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
I tried an XL this weekend and it's distortion way to muddy. I haven't heard one in person, but the Roland Cube samples I've heard are pretty decent.