Page 1 of 12
Great band from Georgia... the state, not the country.

Don't know how to describe them... but I think they're pretty good. Let me know if they're not metal enough for this forum, but then again Municipal Waste is allowed and they're crossover so...

http://www.myspace.com/yourbaroness
Yeah not exactly sure how to describe them, they are kind of post-rock, post-metal and sludge mixed together. If that makes any sense.

Anyways I think they totally rule. The first two EP's and the split with Unpersons were the best, but the new full length had some really good moments.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Love this band. Just recently got the first 2 eps. Can't get enough of them.
-Zach
new album is pretty damn cool. someone described them as a more simplistic Mastodon, and I think that's pretty accurate.
Quote by fluffylump2
new album is pretty damn cool. someone described them as a more simplistic Mastodon, and I think that's pretty accurate.

True. Baroness' vox are better, IMO.
I agree with Silent Spectacle. Haven't gotten my hands on the EPs yet but the Split with Unpersons is a very different/better sound than red album. Too much clean singing on songs like The Birthing, still got a bunch of good **** though.
Quote by fluffylump2

I'll agree with that notion, as well.

The first band I thought of when I first heard them was Mastodon.

I'm loving "The Red Album", as well. It's just fantastic.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I just got the Red Album its pretty sweet, insanely proggy which Im usually not into but its just so good!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by Psychopathology
I hate their guitar tone.

Care to elaborate?

Just curious, is all. I mean, there has to be a reason.

Saxo-Walrus

Fair enough.

I love it. I've always kind of wanted a tone like that. Maybe a little more bottom end added to it, but, IMO it fits their sound.

Saxo-Walrus

Just ordered the Red Album.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
God, this stuff is cool. Going to see them on the 28th with a mate.

The Birthing is an awesome song.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Just thought I'd try to bring this thread back because I think The Red Album is pretty badass.

I'll have a bourbon.
I love the artwork the lead guy does. He did the Red album cover, and Darkest hour's "Deliver us".

I'm not really in to this kind of music, but I think they do a great job of it.
btw they are also pretty good live
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Bump.

I've had these guys in the back of my mind for a while, as I was told they sound a lot like Mastodon and High on Fire.
Comparisons aside, The Red Album is fantastic. Wanderlust and The Birthing are my current favorites.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
So far I've only listened to the first 3 songs off of the Red Album, but all of them have been pretty damn good.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
****in' Unbelievable band possibly some of the best melodies in metal
WANDERLUST! and rays on pinion are amazing
I do agree their vocals DESTROY mastodon's
mastodon's vox used to be killer until too much clean vocals eckkk
Baroness has definitly mastered the sludge "howl"
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Baroness are one of my favorite bands as of right now, there wasn't one song on the Red Album that didn't blow my mind.
one of the best art artists ever imo, his artwork just begs to be used for tattoos seriously.
these guys put on a great show, saw them with Opeth back in October, picked up the Red Album from the merch table

gets better with every listen.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by progbass
these guys put on a great show, saw them with Opeth back in October, picked up the Red Album from the merch table

gets better with every listen.

Yeah, they had insane energy at that show.
I finally got around to downloading the First and Second EP's. I'm really surprised that these guys aren't bigger than they already are. Anyone know when a new album is expected?
Baroness are incredible. I have Second and Red Album, and they never cease to amaze. Especially considering the guitar tone they use; low-gain (for metal) but utterly crushing.

I have no idea when they'll start on the next album, but the sooner the better.
I think i read in Decible that they were putting one out in late 2009 or something...not 100% though.
I'd say they are progressive metal but that's just me. Excellent guitar harmonies. My favorite album is probably the red album but the song "tower falls" on their first album is probably one of my favorite songs by them.
For every action there is an equal reaction
they are prolly a five piece band right? just wondering. correct me if i'm wrong.
For every action there is an equal reaction
Quote by dead_dreamer504
they are prolly a five piece band right? just wondering. correct me if i'm wrong.

I believe there a 4 piece band. And Metal Archives has them classified as Sludge Metal.

I definitely hear some progressive influence though.
Love this band, I have both EPs and the Red Album and they have been at the top of my rotation for months.
love this band. some friends saw them on tour with opeth and got me the 1st&2nd cd knowing i'm into more sludgey metal, tower falls is amazing

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
I just picked up the "First & Second EPs" CD the other day...I'm loving this.

It's like Mastodon only with better vocals, better tone and less of the wantonly obscure excursions into prog.

I'm going to have to pick up the Red Album soon.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.