how necessary is a foot pedal and if i should get one do i get a simple one function or a multiple function pedal
What kind of sound are you looking for?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
No offence, but if you don't know what a foot pedal is, you probably don't need one. But they are all sorts of sounds. Distortion, echoes, delay pretty much any sort of sound you can think of.
Id get a multi-fx to figure out what ur gonna use and not gonna use. Then get a few singular fx pedals. But do at least get a distortion pedal if u ever use it.
foot pedals aren't necessary at all for just a straight up distorted sound. you can get it from your amp but could use a footswitch to change channels. now if u want different effects and your own original sound to dial in then foot pedals are a much needed part of your tone
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
A distortion pedal would be what you'r looking for. An Electro-Harmonix metal muff (Lots of distortion) runs for about 90$. A Electro-Harmonix Big Muff run for about 50-60$. There are many more begginer pedals, for cheaper, but EHX is your best bet.
you're best buying a multieffects pedal first
i did that, it was good
but when i bought my distortion pedal, it didn't work with the multifx pedal, it was like doubledistortion, not that nice!
but its worth it, and its definately a good thing to have to go recording with
Last edited by Disasterboy at Oct 21, 2007,
i prefer to get a lot of simple function ones it leave space for what ever you want u can easily sell one pedal if u get tired of it
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.