ok im new... im changing strings... trying to tune high e string but when it gets to c it goes back down ...why?
its stretching out, pluck it a little and keep tuning it up.
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
its probably not tied good at the top and it slipping i would take it off and try again unless its and acoustic then the peg at the bottom might be too small if so put tape around the peg and shove it back in
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
did you stretch the strings before you starting attempting to tune them? usually before i being tuning them i run the pick along the bottom and lift up gently. then tune it up and keep doing it until it stays in tune
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Yeah, it's slipping.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

strings will go outa tune wen uve just fitted em, they settle soon
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
its not that there not streched it if he cant tune it passed C then its something more then that unless he tunes it to C then walks away the problem is its slipping
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
Either you wound them wrong making it slip orrr there streching lyk other ppl said.
My Stuff:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson straps
Dunlop straplok
Planet wave cables
Zoom multi effects
not enough wraps around the tuning peg, so it's slipping when enough tension goes on.

you should have 2 or 3 wraps of string around the peg. change the string.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dr_john
not enough wraps around the tuning peg, so it's slipping when enough tension goes on.

you should have 2 or 3 wraps of string around the peg. change the string.

Right you are
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Yep, I have that same problem when string my 12 string. If you havent clipped the string yet, you can just start over, but if you clipped the string, then you'll have to get a new string.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!