Page 5 of 6
Quote by Kensai
Howcome everytime I read one of these the storyteller feels it's neccessary to include the ethnicity of the perpetrators?

Cry about it you swede.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
yea how come whenever someone names someone as black, there has to be a big race debate. What if he said "some whites answered."? Im sure you wouldnt have had a problem with him naming the ethnicity of whoever answered the phone.
Quote by Dynamics99
When I thought it couldn't get any worse. I was at the soccer field today and my car and two of my friend's cars got broken into. We used someone else phone to call the phones that got stolen, and some blacks answered. Police tracked their cellphones to a general area from the cellphone towers were able to catch them, it turned out they had been robbing other cars that same day in my city.

So...
Many...
Things...
Wrong...
With...
This...
Don't...
Know...
Where...
To begin...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by amorebelladonna
yea how come whenever someone names someone as black, there has to be a big race debate. What if he said "some whites answered."? Im sure you wouldnt have had a problem with him naming the ethnicity of whoever answered the phone.

I'd be wondering how he knew that the people answering were white. Also, I'd be like "why the hell did he mention that?".

Quote by figsandbobo
Cry about it you swede.

I am, for many reasons.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by amorebelladonna

Good point. Let me know when that actually happens and we'll figure it out.

... And call Guiness Book of World's Freakin' Records. It'll a first time, won't it?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Kensai
I'd be wondering how he knew that the people answering were white. Also, I'd be like "why the hell did he mention that?".

Yeah I didnt understand how he knew they were black, I mean black people and white people dont sound different at all, especially black people who rob cars . But I do understand where you're coming from, I just think we have all become much too sensitive towards race. Calling someone black is the same as calling them caucasian and although I do agree that everyone is created equally as a person, but there are still many major differences.

I didnt really say alot there, I tend to drift but what I was trying to say was that naming someone as being black when talking about a crime, isnt really that big of a deal. A black person robbed his car, and now he shouldn't say that? He should leave that out because it is politically incorrect or whatever? Im sorry thats stupid, and unessecary
Quote by amorebelladonna
Yeah I didnt understand how he knew they were black, I mean black people and white people dont sound different at all, especially black people who rob cars . But I do understand where you're coming from, I just think we have all become much too sensitive towards race. Calling someone black is the same as calling them caucasian and although I do agree that everyone is created equally as a person, but there are still many major differences.

I didnt really say alot there, I tend to drift but what I was trying to say was that naming someone as being black when talking about a crime, isnt really that big of a deal. A black person robbed his car, and now he shouldn't say that? He should leave that out because it is politically incorrect or whatever? Im sorry thats stupid, and unessecary

he shouldnt leave it out because it's politically incorrect, he should leave it out because it's a backhand remark. no one said "wait wait, was the guy robbing your car black?". what relevance does that even have at all to the story? none.
What about black people?

Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by amorebelladonna

Oh, was that first part sarcasm?

Quote by amorebelladonna
I didnt really say alot there, I tend to drift but what I was trying to say was that naming someone as being black when talking about a crime, isnt really that big of a deal. A black person robbed his car, and now he shouldn't say that?

Do you normally tell people that your busdriver who offended you was white, your cardealer was asian, the guy who mowns your lawn is white? No. But if a black guy stole your car, you just got to say he was black. Of course, that makes perfect sense!

Quote by amorebelladonna
He should leave that out because it is politically incorrect or whatever? Im sorry thats stupid, and unessecary

It's unessecary to leave out that he was black? Was it necessary to PUT IT IN?!?
Quote by amorebelladonna

I think that speaks for itself.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by Meths
I noticed that. Especially the way they said "some blacks". Not people of course. Just blacks. Skin colour is more important than their humanity kids!

Was there any need for that particular description?
Is there a reason to think that specifically noting they were German was because they were prejudiced?
Is there a societal/historical precedent to think that specifically nothing they were black was a bit dodgy?

Is there precedent? Yes, but blindly assuming he meant it as a racist comment is just as wrong and ignorant as blindly assuming they are black, which he didn't.

Is there any real need for any description? Did we need to hear his story at all? No. He posted it to entertain the pit and give it something to talk about and if including descriptive elements makes the story that much more interesting theres nothing wrong with adding it. If I had noticed a distinctive German/Italian accent, I probably would have added it to the story as long as it enhanced it and helped with the visualization.

Race is no different then hair color, stop treating like it is such. Again and again we hear about how all men/women are created equal, then when someone has the balls to actually embrace that idea and treat skin color as nothing more then a physical attribute, everyone jumps on him for being "racist".

Quote by Kensai

Do you normally tell people that your busdriver who offended you was white, your cardealer was asian, the guy who mowns your lawn is white? No. But if a black guy stole your car, you just got to say he was black. Of course, that makes perfect sense!

It's unessecary to leave out that he was black? Was it necessary to PUT IT IN?!?

I consider my self a pretty good story teller and like I said above theres never a time to leave something out because it has to do with race if you feel it will enhance the story in the minds of your listeners. Treat it like any other description and leave it out if its boring or redundent, not because it might offend some politically correct asshat.
Last edited by NorseGodofRock at Oct 22, 2007,
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Is there precedent? Yes, but blindly assuming he meant it as a racist comment is just as wrong and ignorant as blindly assuming they are black, which he didn't.

Is there any real need for any description? Did we need to hear his story at all? No. He posted it to entertain the pit and give it something to talk about and if including descriptive elements makes the story that much more interesting theres nothing wrong with adding it. If I had noticed a distinctive German/Italian accent, I probably would have added it to the story as long as it enhanced it and helped with the visualization.

Race is no different then hair color, stop treating like it is such.
Again and again we hear about how all men/women are created equal, then when someone has the balls to actually embrace that idea and treat skin color as nothing more then a physical attribute, everyone jumps on him for being "racist".

1 - What color was their hair?

2 - How tall were they?

3 - Were the slight of build or heavy?

4 - Old or young?

5 - ?????????

6 - PROFIT!!!
:
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by NorseGodofRock
I consider my self a pretty good story teller and like I said above theres never a time to leave something out because it has to do with race if you feel it will enhance the story in the minds of your listeners. Treat it like any other description and leave it out if its boring or redundent, not because it might offend some politically correct asshat.

Welcome to clueless-ville

Population: You.
Quote by Kensai
Welcome to clueless-ville

Population: You.

Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
goddamit, it's not black people that steal, it's POOR PEOPLE!
It just so happens that caucasian people aren't as poor, statistically, as black people are. probably because they don't have a history of slavery and segregation behind them.
How was he being racist, all h said is someblack people answered the phone. It's not as though he said "then the feckin Ni**as answered, suckin c**ns."

Chirst you people take PC to a whole new level...
Quote by the1
How was he being racist, all h said is someblack people answered the phone. It's not as though he said "then the feckin Ni**as answered, suckin c**ns."

how the hell can you HEAR skin color???

EDIT: if he said "i saw these two black guys break into my car" it would be something else, but he assumes that he can tell the color of somebody's skin by the way they talk. that's stupid.
Quote by CoreysMonster
how the hell can you HEAR skin color???

EDIT: if he said "i saw these two black guys break into my car" it would be something else, but he assumes that he can tell the color of somebody's skin by the way they talk. that's stupid.

There have been multiple studies done on the ability to detect racial/cultural characteristics though speech patterns alone.

Quote by the1

This post wins.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
There have been multiple studies done on the ability to detect racial/cultural characteristics though speech patterns alone.

and what are the results of said studies?
Quote by NorseGodofRock

Perhaps if you had included the result they reached your post would've been mildly interesting...

But regardless, you are all missing the point. How someone can be so blind and think this is some "PC thing"... it is stunning.

I think I'm done here, it's not like you people are getting any brighter...
yeah poor people steal. and it just so happens they're black. something's wrong with the system.

oh yeah white people are more prone to sick, demented crimes, while minorities commit crimes of survival.

you be the judge of what's moral. a man who steals to earn money, or a man who kills for pleasure.

knowing the white pit, you'd probably prefer the serial killer.
Quote by Kensai
Perhaps if you had included the result they reached your post would've been mildly interesting...

But regardless, you are all missing the point. How someone can be so blind and think this is some "PC thing"... it is stunning.

I think I'm done here, it's not like you people are getting any brighter...

well said kensai

good night
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Hey where in NC are you?

Durham.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Damned Albert fish now theres a man i'll tell my grandchildren about sometime
Now I know who I'm going as for halloween
Cancer.
you forgot muslims ass!
they're terrorists GOD
and what about africans? they all kill people for diamonds and spread aids
GOD
And germans, We're all nazi's right?
Get it right man!
Cancer.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
If its something relatively uncommon, easy to determine, and enhances the story, I see it all the ****ing time. "So I was in the bar this ginger chick started flirting with me" "We got out of the car and these two German guys were yelling at each other". Do those sound natural? Of course they do. Race should be no different then that.

So you answer a phone and then tell a story about it, telling that people that "some red head answered the phone" without even seeing them?
Quote by Kensai
I am, for many reasons.

That made me feel bad, because I couldn't tell if you were serious or not....
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by jravolta
Durham.

Sweet, you live like right down the road from me. I'm off Highway 98, near Choplin Rd. What school you go to?
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
have you met the actually perpetrators yet? i'd lawl if they were actually wiggers.
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
yeah poor people steal. and it just so happens they're black. something's wrong with the system.

oh yeah white people are more prone to sick, demented crimes, while minorities commit crimes of survival.

you be the judge of what's moral. a man who steals to earn money, or a man who kills for pleasure.

knowing the white pit, you'd probably prefer the serial killer.

/thread.
thats why blacks are so good at basketball, they have prerequisites in running, shooting and stealing.
Quote by jesus-squared
you forgot muslims ass!
they're terrorists GOD
and what about africans? they all kill people for diamonds and spread aids
GOD
And germans, We're all nazi's right?
Get it right man!

Muslims are to Christians as Brown people are to White people.
I'm not even going to cover Africa and Germany.
You get it right.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
First of all I am dumbfounded at how this thread is STILL on the first page TODAY after I signed offline YESTERDAY. Secondly, if all you dumbasses would READ my post you would realize that I said it was confirmed that they were black when they were arrested. And I live in an area that is 60% black, work around and go to school with blacks all day everyday. Just because you guys live in Canada, Europe, or some other ignorant-to-American-issues country, and have never seen or heard A black person in your ENTIRE life, doesn't mean I haven't and can't IMMEDIATELY determine race over a phone. I am NOT racist no matter what you think, to be racist would be hating myself. I have feelings, thoughts, emotions, ideas, and setbacks just like every other human does. We are ALL the SAME, it just just when put into different situations, we act accordingly to that particular situation. To call ANYONE racist is flat out ignorant.

/THREAD.
Last edited by Dynamics99 at Oct 22, 2007,
Damn all ya niggaz. I jus' called to axe some homey about a job I seen in the rags and some
white ass cracker answered. Gawddamm he musta stole that biz from some otha whitey mofo.

Ya that doesn't sound very good either.

Was wondering why this thread was hanging around. The hover showed a rant about his car being broke into so I didn't bother to read untill now. Yep us whitey mofos can be pretty freakin stupid.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Damn all ya niggaz. I jus' called to axe some homey about a job I seen in the rags and some
white ass cracker answered. Gawddamm he musta stole that biz from some otha whitey mofo.

Ya that doesn't sound very good either.

Was wondering why this thread was hanging around. The hover showed a rant about his car being broke into so I didn't bother to read untill now. Yep us whitey mofos can be pretty freakin stupid.

This is why:

This thread acts like fried chicken.

NOTE: I am not trying to be offensive. I am simply continuing upon his joke. I honestly don't know why this thread is still alive