Hey UG. I just purchased a 99 Silver Grand Am, and I have a little money laying around, figured I'd put a little into the car, since I'm fine for college, and I'm staying around home, anyway.

I was just curious as to some unique things I could try. I have a 1000 dollar sound system already in there, and some seat covers / steering wheel covers that all match. I don't wanna really trick my car out like you see on Pimp My Ride, rather just give it a little color, and some identity. I'm getting a small neon lights set here soon, and XM radio, too.

Just curious as to some gadgets/toys I could throw inside or outside of the car to make it look a little better..

Any part of the car is fair game, really.

Ideas???

EDIT: Oh I also have this like disco ball thing that makes my car look like a party at night. It's pretty cool. Stuff like that is what I'm hoping you have ideas of.
Duckksecks

Duck #5 of the African Water Hole fan club PM findingmyway to join!
dont put that much money into a car. use it on like, you know, maybe food and utilites. but im just throwing **** out there...
turbocharger for sure
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by Roach5
dont put that much money into a car. use it on like, you know, maybe food and utilites. but im just throwing **** out there...

i understand you, but i will be living at home during college, so i won't need to pay for all that stuff
Duckksecks

Quote by ChaoticVengence
turbocharger for sure

Actually I was rather curious as to things I could do to enhance to speed/sound of my car.
Duckksecks

Get some decent aluminum wheels. Not chrome, they tarnish too easily. That cleans a cars looks up a whole lot.
Get a cold air intake to help performance. Its probably the cheapest way to increase both hp and gas milage.
ummm a ridiculously large unfunctional air intake at the front?
oh and also a huuuuuuuge superbird style spoiler and possibly some pneumatics
Quote by Metal-X
No.. you see when one person stays on UG for to long, then they tend to lose there minds to the Pit monkeys. And well..... just watch for yourself

Quote by SeniorCrepe
Dual turbos actually, gets rid of the slow accelleration

Grand AM Gt's aren't that slow. You'd be surprised. But how much would this range?
Duckksecks

Paint Job. or decals/graphics. Try to find a body kit for it. Maybe some TVs in the trunk??
Quote by qotsa1998
Paint Job. or decals/graphics. Try to find a body kit for it. Maybe some TVs in the trunk??

Give me some specifics. What type of design do you think would look sleek for a Grand Am???
Duckksecks

exust is a cheap and easy way to improve the bhp and engine noise
Officially The Hairest Man On Muselive....
Quote by ilovecanada1121
do you have emissions inspections in your state?

Well, if you dont, or if its just a visual inspection (in pa its only a visual inspection for cars 95 and older, but idk about where you are) you should gut your catalytic converter. That will bring your hp up a good bit. They restrict the exhaust flow a lot, so just get rid of its innards and leave the shell there.
GPS

but if i were you id
buy another car as a back up. a 500$ junker, as long as it runs and keep it incase something happens to your other one.

how many miles does it have on it?
Last edited by echofreak at Oct 21, 2007,
From what I briefly skimmed over i saw a twin turbo system would cost around 5k?

Upon further reading, a supercharger is generally easier to install, and without modifications to the turbo, it produces about the same power surge. Turbos can be modified to produce better results however. The downside is that turbos are insanely difficult to install, while superchargers aren't as hard and can easily be done by a novice mechanic

Edit of the Edit >.>

Upon further further reading, I find a twin turbo system is most likely the way to go. If you want to spend those extra bucks on getting someone to install it for you.
Last edited by SeniorCrepe at Oct 21, 2007,