Page 1 of 2
So anyways... I'm an animal loving hippy. However, I love the taste of meat. But anyways I'm deciding to (Try to) become a vegetarian. It may be a little hard because I love meat a lot more than fruits and vegetables. However, I love avacados, jalapenos, habaneros, ect. and my favorite food on earth is chips and salsa. But it may not be as hard as I think.

So anyways I was wondering, who are vegetarians on this board to give me advice, stories, reasons why there vegetarians ect.

NO REDNECKS ALLOWED! just kidding
it isn't as hard as you might think. foods aren't that tough to come by, it is more getting adjusted to the idea of not eating meat that takes time.
Yuppie.

EAT PORK!

Nah. I don't know where the whole vegetarian idea came from, but just don't forget to eat your peanuts, or you'll get mad charlie horses from lack of protein.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by gopherthegreat
just have self control

Agreed. That is the #1 key thing to remember. That is how i have lasted
Quote by woodenbandman
Yuppie.

EAT PORK!

Nah. I don't know where the whole vegetarian idea came from, but just don't forget to eat your peanuts, or you'll get mad charlie horses from lack of protein.

Spicy Southwest Trailmix is my life
another thing is just dont be around meat. if your home is full of veggie food you'll start to really like it.

and dont go to cookouts. you'll just be an annoyance.

Jack my swag
Quote by gopherthegreat

or just make sure you eat beforehand. there might be things you can pick at.
Quote by gopherthegreat
another thing is just dont be around meat. if your home is full of veggie food you'll start to really like it.

My family eat's a ton of meat.

However it's no big deal, I don't expect them to go out of their way for me. I can live off of cereal! Captain Crunch FTW!
I cut off my meat sources one by one. It all started last year, when we had to disect a cow heart. It was probably when, in all seriousness, the teacher dropped it and it bounced about the floor that I vowed never to eat cow again. Plus red meat causes cancer anyway.

Chicken was next. We used to have about 5 chickens, but one night something killed them all, and the next day there was this horrific chicken massacre strew about my yard. That grossed me into not wanting to eat chicken.

Those were the two hardest, and then I cut off my beloved salmon, and that was it. I don't really like any other meats. If you need advice on how to more easily stop your meat-income, just replace your favorite meats with something else. If you really can't stand not having meat, eat tofu. Seriously, if there are Freddy's where you live (I'm pretty sure that place is a chain), they have the most amazing veggie burger. Really, tofu barely tastes different than "real" meat.
Don't worry so much if you give in to the temptation once in a while, just keep trying. It took me about three years to give up meat completely. It also helps to just convince yourself that it's disgusting, and after a while you won't want it anymore.
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
So anyways... I'm an animal loving hippy. However, I love the taste of meat. But anyways I'm deciding to (Try to) become a vegetarian. It may be a little hard because I love meat a lot more than fruits and vegetables. However, I love avacados, jalapenos, habaneros, ect. and my favorite food on earth is chips and salsa. But it may not be as hard as I think.

So anyways I was wondering, who are vegetarians on this board to give me advice, stories, reasons why there vegetarians ect.

That doesnt sound like fun every day.
I wish I could, but virtually every fruit and vegetable tastes like **** to me. I pretty much only like bananas, and trying to be hXc with jalapenos, lol

Edit: any tips for acquiring a taste for other stuff would be appreciated (I've given many foods a chance, and hated them)
Eat lots of peanuts and noodles. Oh, and the most important thing about being a vegetarian? Don't gloat about being a vegetarian. I have a friend like that.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Dude, it's really all an idea and just your values. I eat only fish, but I guess I'm a Flexiterian.
If you think it's wrong to eat whatever, than don't eat it. You can allow some foods or just not eat them.

You'll still need protein, so peanut butter is good for you, and the fat is actually the healthy kind, so you burn it better.

I lost my train of thought so I don't know what I'm typing anymore...

EDIT: I was pretty pissed today because I went to a family reunion and there was nothing I could eat...except some rolls haha.
No proccessed foods. No fast food, sodas or any candy/junk food.

OH! and real oatmeal..dude eat that
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Last edited by TDKshorty at Oct 21, 2007,
I got a question. I have this spicy trailmix stuff I love. But in the ingrediants it says beef flavoring. Does that mean that it's just flavored to TASTE like beef, or do they actually put beef in it?
I personally think being a vegetarian is stupid. why don't you just go the extra mile and say eating plants is wrong too? they're living things, therefore it's wrong to eat them
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I personally think being a vegetarian is stupid. why don't you just go the extra mile and say eating plants is wrong too? they're living things, therefore it's wrong to eat them

Quote by ARCtrooper225
I wish I could, but virtually every fruit and vegetable tastes like **** to me. I pretty much only like bananas, and trying to be hXc with jalapenos, lol

Edit: any tips for acquiring a taste for other stuff would be appreciated (I've given many foods a chance, and hated them)

Do you like bread stuff? I also eat soup and oatmeal all the time. Come to think of it, I basically live off soup, oatmeal, and the occasional celery with peanut butter. My advice is to just find some not-meat food you really like, and eat it quite a bit. The more you eat that, the less of a need you'll feel to eat meat. Then, drill into your mind images of the heaps of poor dead chickens and cows ready to be skinned to eat. The worse the image, the more you'll want to be a vegetarian.

Do you like smoothies? That has fruit in it, but if you combine the fruit, you get a way different taste. I love smoothies even though most of the time the fruits in them, if I ate seperately, I don't like.
Quote by RandyVanHendrix
I got a question. I have this spicy trailmix stuff I love. But in the ingrediants it says beef flavoring. Does that mean that it's just flavored to TASTE like beef, or do they actually put beef in it?

probably beef boullion. so it is beef.
Quote by RandyVanHendrix

It's probably just flavoring. They have flavored broth, but that doesn't mean it actually has the meat in it. see?
I don't even like the taste of most meat (I don't eat pork, shellfish, fish, and occassionally have a burger, I do eat chicken frequently). I like that floured, processed bread and such. I want to eat healthier, because my diet is **** (bread, cheese, bad stuff). I hate the taste of salads, even apples. I don't believe I've ever tried a smoothie

Edit: may I add that I already have high cholesterol and blood pressure, and that high blood pressure, cholesterol and colon cancer runs in both sides of my family. I don't exercise except on the trampoline (I swear I must be on that for 2 collective hours every day), in all honesty, I think the trampoline is the only thing keeping me from being obese, sick (I haven't been sick, barring allergies from my cat, in over 3 years)
Last edited by ARCtrooper225 at Oct 21, 2007,
Quote by RandyVanHendrix

Dude, why the hell would you stop eating something if you like it?

If it's because of the slaughterhouses, they do sell products that are not from there.

If the above is true, just because you stop eating it doesn't mean the slaughterhouses will stop killing animals in an inhumane way.
Quote by Ringtone
Do you like bread stuff? I also eat soup and oatmeal all the time. Come to think of it, I basically live off soup, oatmeal, and the occasional celery with peanut butter. My advice is to just find some not-meat food you really like, and eat it quite a bit. The more you eat that, the less of a need you'll feel to eat meat. Then, drill into your mind images of the heaps of poor dead chickens and cows ready to be skinned to eat. The worse the image, the more you'll want to be a vegetarian.

Do you like smoothies? That has fruit in it, but if you combine the fruit, you get a way different taste. I love smoothies even though most of the time the fruits in them, if I ate seperately, I don't like.

DUDE!! are you from an alternate universe?!1 lol

i eat those same things,, pretty much thats it....except for some fish.

PB and celery is amazing, and so is oatmeal
+[randomnumber] to zombiemonster

edit: and beef bullion is made from broth. broth is made by boiling the meat/bones/fat of whatever it is. therefore it's evil!!!
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Oct 21, 2007,
Quote by The4thHorsemen

It's not the fact of them not eating living things, but rather eating things with a "conscience".
I LOVE to eat meat I couldn't imagine a meal without it. But good luck on your quest to give it up.
yea, i get it, but I was displaying my feelings towards it.

oh yea, and remember: fish are stupid. therefore, eating fish is ok!!

It's ok to eat fish
cuz they don't have any feelings
~~~ Nirvana (i think that was Something In The Way)

nevermind... all animals are stupid...

hell, by that logic, I don't see what's so wrong with eating certain humans
Quote by zombie_monster
It's not the fact of them not eating living things, but rather eating things with a "conscience".

actually that is incorrect, most, if not all, animals do not have a conscience that is why the live off instinct.

once were out of cows were coming for you!!!

but seriously thia food is your friend lots if protien with little to no meat very veggi frindley and it tastes great (best dish = pad thi.....it tastes like spicy peanut butter and no meat at all)
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
Quote by The4thHorsemen
yea, i get it, but I was displaying my feelings towards it.

oh yea, and remember: fish are stupid. therefore, eating fish is ok!!

It's ok to eat fish
cuz they don't have any feelings
~~~ Nirvana (i think that was Something In The Way)

nevermind... all animals are stupid...

hell, by that logic, I don't see what's so wrong with eating certain humans

i dont eat fish.........

and the plant argument is just plain stupid

maybe we should eat you

Quote by TDKshorty
actually that is incorrect, most, if not all, animals do not have a conscience that is why the live off instinct.

they feel pain though. and they suffer.

Jack my swag
Last edited by gopherthegreat at Oct 21, 2007,
People who hate on vegetarians/vegans are just as bad as PETA and other militant self righteous vegetarians and both groups need to go die in a fire.

I'm a strange vegetarian. I'll only eat meat caught and killed in the wild and wont touch meat that from birth was designed to be sold as a commercial product. Hell, if I had the opportunity I'd totally go hunting and have absolutely no moral qualms pulling the trigger. Financing the meat industry does far more to harm the environment as a whole then keeping animal populations at reasonable levels and supporting state parks.
Page 1 of 2