so my parents bought me a lyon washburn? guitar from target i believe and im led to believe that it sucks so i go off at them on why they would buy a guitar at target and now i feel bad cause they were just doing a good deed and buying me a guitar so should i keep the guitar (they said they were going to take it back) and is it a good guitar

the only reason im considering not taking it is because i already have my eyes set on a guitar and i dont want this messing up my chances of getting it
well, they bought you a guitar without checking with you to see if it was a piece of **** or not, as well as if you even wanted another guitar.

Try to explain to them that their hearts were in the right place, but their heads weren't.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya

Try to explain to them that their hearts were in the right place, but their heads weren't.

i wouldnt know how im not the kinda person to apologize to my parents at least
Quote by Don't Read This

Well, in that case just keep being an ass to them.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
just tell them that while you appreciate the thought, it just isn't the kind of guitar you had in mind.
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
was it for any special occation?
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
Man up and apologize and explain your reasoning. Be glad you have parents that try to be nice to you.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Don't Read This

"mom, dad, while I think it's great that you thought about me and bought me a new guitar, the guitar I have right now is a lot better for what I need right now. I wouldn't expect you to know that, but I hope next time you'll feel free to check with me about this kind of stuff."

like that.
im sorry i paid to much attention to the bold letterz, what was that again?????
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
same thing happened to me. when my dean broke my parents wanted to get me the same exact one. i got angry cause that was implying that the old one was garbage and i loved it so much i wanted to fix it and crap and we got into a huge fight over it and i ended up getting something else. either way take it and have a crap guitar or get into a fight and get the guitar u want
a lyon washburn was my first guitar. its actually not that bad. i had it for like 2 years and I never broke a string. i still havent even though i have a different guitar. just be thankful. tell your parents you want a different one. dont make a big deal out of it.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Uhm I've been using the Lyon Washburn for a year to learn. It's not great, but it's been decent for learning, however the amp is a total piece of ****.
Quote by triple_X_maniac
was it for any special occation?

no ive just said i wanted a new guitar

Quote by CORT noob
Well, in that case just keep being an ass to them.

yeah im starting to think i have temper problems i feel bad cause its not their fault

Quote by Zackie EL
...Well, do you have another guitar?

Personally, I'd keep it. A guitar is a guitar, is a guitar, y'know? It's always good to have a guitar that you're not afraid to beat up. One of my electric guitars that I love to death is my Oscar Schmidt (Washburn) Semi-Hollow. It kicks so much ass...literally.

i would keep it but i already have my eyes set on one and i think this might affect my chances of getting that one but i dont even know id they will get me the one i want
Last edited by Don't Read This at Oct 21, 2007,
Quote by Firebread
Uhm I've been using the Lyon Washburn for a year to learn. It's not great, but it's been decent for learning, however the amp is a total piece of ****.

did you get one that you strap around your waist? i loved that thing
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Stop being such a spoiled, whiny prick.

Take the guitar, say thanks, and play it. Who cares whether you like it or not? I'm sure they loved your shity drawings you brought home from kindergarten, but they probably still hung them on the fridge anyway.

EDIT: And if your parents are smart, they wouldn't buy you the guitar you want now because of your dickheaded behavior.
Last edited by PopNFresh07 at Oct 21, 2007,
ah one of the nightmares of a guitarist. having someone that cares about you buy something thats pretty ****.
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
show them this thread. seriously, as this shows your thoughts that you said you are unable to communicate to them. i'm sure they'd appreciate your remorse.
Your a beginner, so it should suffice for at least a year. And in about year, your gunna want to get some better gear anyways, so it doesn't really matter a whole lot what you started with, wether its a Lyon or Squier Strat. As you progress, your gunna want something better.
Quote by Don't Read This
no ive just said i wanted a new guitar

oh

i thought it was your birthday or something and i was gonna be all "you spoiled bitch"
but they should have checked with you first, although that would've ruined any possible surprise so i can see both sides of this story
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
yeah i decided to keep it because
its a guitar and i cant turn down a guitar
my mom would never buy me a guitar if i wouldnt have taken it
i doubt they would have bought me the 500 dollar guitar i wanted (although christmas is coming up so i might have a chance)
it would be better than the one im playing anyway

there's this buzzing on the b string thats bothering me so ill try to fix that later and it needs new strings the strings it came with suck i want a thicker gauge
Keep It, any guitar is worth too keep.

Maybe it'll save your ass some day during a show