As i've discovered, my pedalboard is made almost entirely out of true-bypass pedals. This is my board:

Vox V847 (Modded to TB)
EHX Big Muff (The only buffered pedal in my rig)
MXR SuperComp
Barber Direct Drive
MXR Micro amp
EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress
EHX Deluxe Memory Man

(in that order)

Im sort of worried that with that long chain of true-bypass pedals im not getting the full tone of the rest of my setup. The only buffered pedal is at the start of the chain, and then theres nothing until the amp.

I was thinking of adding a good buffered EQ pedal, just to help give a mid-boost a la David Gilmour, but the only one i can think of is the Boss GE-7, and apparently there buffers aren't great. So anyone got any suggestions? or am i worrying myself silly?

Oh, and if its important, i run a Fender telecaster through this board into a Vox AC-15.
you should move the supercomp before the big muff, it sounds pretty cool when youve got a distortion-like device after a compressor and theyre both on, you were sortof going that way with the mircroamp and the direct drive. anyways, it sounds cool.

i think youre worrying about nothing
make a line buffer after your guitar's output. that would let the signal flow through your cables and pedals.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
One buffered pedal at the start of your chain is enough, you should be fine.
^u don't get it man. a buffered pedal can have true bypass too. buffer is something that cleans up (not less distortion. clean distortion if u get what i mean) and let the signal flow through the cables/wires smoother.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^r u gonna put the buffer so it switches off? or would it be always on?

if it switches off, it won't have the effect of driving the signal...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
like my buffer that goes on my guitar strap? lol. it's a lame version of a wireless transmitter.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard