Hey everyone, I have an Ibanez AX-120 and I really want to strip it cause I think itd look super tight. but i dont want to strip off ALL the paint, i mean just some scrapes, kinda like John Frusciante's Fender. if you dont know what an AX-120 looks like google it. cause i want some tips and ideas on how to do this! i want it to look really tight!

Jeremey
You want to "relic" it?

Don't go overboard on the sandpaper otherwise you run the risk of looking cheesy.

When you play, take a look at the places that you make contact with the guitar body, and wear down those spots.

If it's a bolt-on neck, you can take the neck off and throw your guitar around to get it dinged up.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 21, 2007,
cool man, but im not sure if i want to throw around my guitar that just ooh...no... how does a heat gun and scraper sound?
terrible. ^

i've only seen a couple of good relic jobs. most of the time, kids over do it, and it looks fake.

try a small chain. a couple of hits to the body.

and light sanding in wear areas, but dont leave sanding marks.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
1. Wear sandpaper clothes + gloves.
2. Play for an hour.
3. ???
4. PROFIT!!!

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Denim's pretty abrasive...

Put on some new jeans and hump your guitar.

Honestly, I just don't understand trying to "relic" a guitar. Unless you have a professional do it (and even then they don't come out so hot all the time), I'd rather just let time take it's course. I would think it becomes even more personal then.

Although I don't know how much more personal you could get over humping your guitar.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."