Have any of you played this new game?

I've only played the demo but it is truly amazing, probably one of the best games to come out in the past year.

But it totally kicks the crap outta the new "Tony Hawk's Proving Grounds".

What do you think?
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
I was about to rip your ass apart because I thought you meant s.k.a.t.e. like h.o.r.s.e.
Had a few flaws, but overall not a bad game. I don't it takes the cake from Tony Hawk, but I found it quite refreshing since that whole genre has become quite stagnet. If there is a second one, I think that one will finally pwn Tony Hawk.
I have it, love it, but have been stuck at this one part for a week and a half

EDIT: And the game is "skate." including the lowercase "s" and the period.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Oct 21, 2007,
Quote by glm
I was about to rip your ass apart because I thought you meant s.k.a.t.e. like h.o.r.s.e.

Hahah no, I'm not sure whether the game is abbreviating something, or if it is just "skate".
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Quote by andy_thomas
Hahah no, I'm not sure whether the game is abbreviating something, or if it is just "skate".

It's pronounced "skate."
i liked it more than tony hawk personally, but my friend made a good point to me. people that actually skate will probably like this more than people who dont and just like skateboarding videogames.
ehh
Quote by skaguitarist53
i liked it more than tony hawk personally, but my friend made a good point to me. people that actually skate will probably like this more than people who dont and just like skateboarding videogames.

Yeah it is definitely much more realistic and aims towards actual skaters.
Quote by alteredstates

i played a demo of it and it was great. i saw a review for it and they said something very true: when you do a cool trick, it feels rewarding because you actually had to take time to learn the trick and then you actually have to do the trick. theres no random button mashing and doing 1080 double backflip triple kickflips. lol.

but in a review for the new tony hawk game, they said they really expanded on the "nail the trick" thing. its involving grabs now. i thought that was kinda cool, but skate is basically like that "nail the trick" mode all the time lol.

in conclusion, ill be buying skate instead of adding another tony hawk game to my collection.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by glm

What's wrong with S.K.A.T.E? I like it better than horse
And it is an amazing game. I'm entertained with just playing the demo itself, even after I've been playing it for over a month.

Quote by x Misanthropy x
Hate the controls, i`d take TH any day.....played the demo for few minutes then deleted it.

That's cuz you suck and have no commitment.
just kidding
I like it a lot, it's much more realistic and fun. The only flaw is the camera angle. It's so hard to grind.
I like it better than Tony Hawk, and if they make a second game it will be the best.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
i played a demo of it and it was great. i saw a review for it and they said something very true: when you do a cool trick, it feels rewarding because you actually had to take time to learn the trick and then you actually have to do the trick. theres no random button mashing and doing 1080 double backflip triple kickflips. lol.

but in a review for the new tony hawk game, they said they really expanded on the "nail the trick" thing. its involving grabs now. i thought that was kinda cool, but skate is basically like that "nail the trick" mode all the time lol.

in conclusion, ill be buying skate instead of adding another tony hawk game to my collection.

Agreed. It's actually challenging to learn something and it takes a lot of practise. In the Tony Hawk games my high score was over 10 million.

But I really don't like how the game followed Project 8, cause of the way the gameplay looked. It really turned me off of the Tony Hawk games.
Quote by alteredstates

Quote by Maxx_Pouwer
What's wrong with S.K.A.T.E? I like it better than horse
And it is an amazing game. I'm entertained with just playing the demo itself, even after I've been playing it for over a month.

I mean't the real game s.k.a.t.e., and I was using h.o.r.s.e. so you could see I meant the real game.
Yeah, I think if you don't like it, it's cause you aren't willing to actually try. It is one unbelievable game, in my opinion. I love it.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
I ****ing hate it that there's no PS2 version, its the only videogame I know that features CoB's Hate Crew Deathroll, I love the album and the song
i love this game, i already beat it except for the milstones and acheivments,and i played the new TH game and it was wierd playing it i constantly wanted to put my finger on the right anolog but i still might buy it,and anyone want to play me online my gamertag is ddranthony92
Quote by lushacrous
EDIT: And the game is "skate." including the lowercase "s" and the period.

lol, you tell him!!

Looks awesome, you know when a game has been raped to pieces, when they come up with shit names like "proving grounds" I mean wtf?