well i bought a Peavey Transtube 212 efx for $300, sold it to a music center near my house for $450. I thought id get rid of it. It was decent but definitly not tube.

so im trying to decide, i really like peaveys..im trying to decide on a Peavey Classic 30

or

or a Valveking 112/212. Ive heard alot of good thing about valvekings.

I play metal and heavy-er

yes they lack distortion, my metal muff has that covered

I kno some1 is going to say "GO PLAY THEM"

if i could i would.

WHAT DO YALL THINK UG ?

Im lead guitar for my band..were really not the orginized but once we find some1 to do vocals we can get a few gigs so i need something pretty decently loud. But im thinking the Valveking 212 is to big sence i had the trans 212.

Thanks-I ALWAYS GO USED! IM CHEAP LIKE THAT
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
oh and whats a pretty decent multi efx under $200, the AX5g i got for $20 BLOWS!
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Classic 30, the Valveking is nothing but mud in a box with a few tubes stuck to it.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
well if oyu are going to use the muf for distortion, id go with the classic 30. it has better cleans than the valveking. then you would have good cleans, good distortion, and a nice classic rock crunch if you ever need it.

with the VK you get an ok clean and decent distortion channel you probably will never use since the metal muff will cover that area

edit: maybe go for a line6 pod or a boss me-20. the me-20 just came out and i dont know how much it is.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Well, i think the Classic 30 is the better all around amp, but for metal you may be better suited with the Valveking. It's probably more moder-voiced. And i dont really suggest running a multi effects pedal through a tube amp. I know i guy that ruins the tone of his Peavey Delta Blues with a big, expensive digitech.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
classic 30 - 3
vk -----------0

yea i dont use a multi alot i just like to have 1 thats decent..

thanks!
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Quote by TNfootballfan62
I dont really suggest running a multi effects pedal through a tube amp. I know i guy that ruins the tone of his Peavey Delta Blues with a big, expensive digitech.

not trying to hijack the thread, but most people make the same n00bish mistake of putting their mfx through the front of their amp rather than the fx loop. maybe this is the problem
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
they wouldnt of made a fx loop if they didnt want you to run the mfx thru it
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Quote by TNfootballfan62
...the Classic 30 is the better all around amp, but for metal you may be better suited with the Valveking.

+1

And even then, I can't recommend the VK over the C-30.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Since you play metal and heavier, go for the HEAVIEST PEAVEY. 5150 or 6505. Not that far from your price range, they go for 500-600 usually.
yea i was thinking about getting a 5150, but then again "i dont need 100watts" and "I dont need a halfstack" ..BUT they have the 6505 combo + i really love the 6505s and 5150s, they are pretty far outta my price range at the moment, sence my dad bought me a SG for my bday (Nov3 i finally get to shred it)
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
they have 5150 combos

edit: just because its 100 watts doesnt mean you have turn it up super loud. since it gets most of its gain form the preamp, you wont have to crank it super loud to get good tones
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
yea true but i think the CLASSIC 30 is the way to go. Im gonna look around* and see if any music shops has one near me.
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Peavey classic.
I bought a peavey classic 50, never regretted buying it even for a second.
Awesome cleans, great distortion, and once you plug in pedals, it can nail anything you want to dial in. I can go from Stevie Ray to Steve Vai in the push/click/stomp of a pedal.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you're on a budget get the Windsor. Awesome vintage tone, just needs a tubescreamer to tighten her up.
Quote by ThrashIsGreat
If you're on a budget get the Windsor. Awesome vintage tone, just needs a tubescreamer to tighten her up.

I concur!
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
but then he will need a cab. and a tubescreamer. i think he is looking simpler. plus he said he wants to use his pedal. if he got the windsor there would be no clean channel to run the pedal through

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
but then he will need a cab. and a tubescreamer. i think he is looking simpler. plus he said he wants to use his pedal. if he got the windsor there would be no clean channel to run the pedal through

He could sell the pedal and buy a tubescreamer? Or, he could just go for a different amp after playing them and deciding himself.

But, the Windsor will do metal better than any of the other amps. Sure they can all do metal, but the Windsor is made for metal.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
phatsack: Not every amp has an effects loop.

slats: It is indeed hard to recommend the VK over the classic 30, even if it is the better choice.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...