I was looking at guitars, and saw an OLP
That looked nice, and in my $$ range
Are OLP basses good? Right now a have a Squire P, and I want a 5 string

I like Linkin Park, Korn, The Offspring, all the way to pop-punk.......(Mostly heavier stuff though)
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
I have a 4 string OLP stingray. Ive had a few problems with it, that were fixable with a little bit of work. Mine was a much cheaper, $200 model though. The one you have picked out definitely looks nice. The pickups are usually pretty good in OLPs from what i can tell. If you like the stingray body and want a 5 string then it's a decent buy. I've played a $2000 musicman stingray before that was simply amazing though.
It's a very good bass, but IMO 450 bucks is too much.

450 can buy you a lot of bass, especially used.
haha
At that price, you're in MIM Fender territory. Granted, those are the 'new' OLP's with active electronics and all sorts of goodies like that. However, I'm not a fan of basswood and, regardless of what the Bongo is made out of, I wouldn't pay that much for a basswood bodied instrument.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i figured there was something wrong with them, i've seen them in shops and always wondered how they could get such nice looking knock offs for so cheap, neve played them though, but i'm guessing the cheap wood won't sound anywhere near as nice as the originals
Theyre not worth it, trust me. They look cool, but theyre just not made well. Get a MIM Fender.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
I have an OLP and I have never had any major problems with it. It sounds nice, I have had great results with it. I've played it live and it has held up. I bought mine used with a practice amp for $100, though. If I had $450 to spend I wouldn't get one. I would definitely spring for something a little higher-end.
4 strings good, 6 strings bad.