Does anybody else here like him? I think that he's an absolutley phenomonal player. He only has two fingers on his left hand, but he makes them sound like five.
Yea he's amazing. He really is.
There's a place where a depth charge ignites.
Wow, two fingers? That's impressive. How does he do chords?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Django doesnt have only two fingers on his left hand, he just only uses two fingers while soloing. He uses all of them when he is doing a chording or a rhythm section...If you like him so much, do a little research before trying to be obscure...
Quote by Devdude25
Django doesnt have only two fingers on his left hand, he just only uses two fingers while soloing. He uses all of them when he is doing a chording or a rhythm section...If you like him so much, do a little research before trying to be obscure...

Quote by wiki
At the age of 18 Reinhardt was injured in a fire that ravaged the caravan he shared with Bella, his first wife. They were very poor, and to suplement their income Bella made imitation flowers out of celluloid and paper for her living. Consequently, their home was full of this highly flammable material. Returning from a performance late one night, Django apparently knocked over a candle on his way to bed. While his family and neighbors were quick to pull him to safety, he received first- and second-degree burns over half his body. His right leg was paralyzed and the fourth and fifth fingers of his left hand were badly burnt. Doctors believed that he would never play guitar again and intended to amputate the leg. Reinhardt refused to have the surgery and left the hospital after a short time; within a year could walk with use of a cane.

His brother Joseph Reinhardt, an accomplished guitarist in his own right, bought Django a new guitar. With painful rehabilitation and practice Django relearned his craft in a completely new way, even as his third and fourth fingers remained partially paralyzed. Hence, he used to play solos with only two fingers, and managed to use the two injured ones for some chords.

meh.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Devdude25

Well, it's more impressive to be innacurate and say he only had two fingers. Another huge disability of his was being Belgian.

In all seriousness, what still impresses me about Django is his music. Do you know of any modern artists with strong Django influences? The only one I know is -M-, and his music is far from Django's (although it is very good too).
Quote by julio1987
Do you know of any modern artists with strong Django influences?

All the jazz guitarists playing today plus many that aren't (jazz).
Quote by julio1987
Another huge disability of his was being Belgian.

I'm sure you mean asset.

Quote by julio1987
In all seriousness, what still impresses me about Django is his music. Do you know of any modern artists with strong Django influences? The only one I know is -M-, and his music is far from Django's (although it is very good too).

Ummm... Stochelo Rosenberg, Jimmy Rosenberg, The Rosenberg Trio, Dorado Schmitt, Samson Schmitt, Tchavolo Schmitt, Joscho Stephan, Angelo Debarre, Robin Nolan, Andreas Oberg, Bireli Lagrene, Fapy Lafertin, Stephane Wrembel, any of the other tons of gypsy jazz guitarists...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_jzSv7G6vQ

Mhmm.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I love Django. I learned to like him working at a book store; we used him for background music all the time. The guy had some serious skills, before and after the fire. His version of "Sweet Georgia Brown" is the definitive version for me.
Death to Ovation haters!
I never liked his electric playing and, from what I gather (from my father), neither did Django.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by julio1987
Well, it's more impressive to be innacurate and say he only had two fingers. Another huge disability of his was being Belgian.

Bireli Lagrene!
he is one of my idols. you have to check him out. he's a gipsy just like django was and he made his first album at age 12. he started playing when he was 5 and he learned all of django's songs. i think he said that django was his main influence. but he's not only a gipsy guitarist, he can play any style of music and steve vai and satriani are nothing against him.
B.B King has often said that Django is his favourite guitarist. Hence some of his jazzier sounding licks.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Quote by Resiliance
Ummm... Stochelo Rosenberg, Jimmy Rosenberg, The Rosenberg Trio, Dorado Schmitt, Samson Schmitt, Tchavolo Schmitt, Joscho Stephan, Angelo Debarre, Robin Nolan, Andreas Oberg, Bireli Lagrene, Fapy Lafertin, Stephane Wrembel, any of the other tons of gypsy jazz guitarists...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_jzSv7G6vQ

Mhmm.

Really liked the Joscho Stephan video:impressive+funky , will check him out, as well as the others you posted, and Bireli Lagrene.

Quote by Resiliance
I'm sure you mean asset.

Umm sure