whats crakin,

ok this is my first ever thingy and its theres probably been heaps of trheads on soundproofing but i coudlnt be tickled to go find them so whatever,

ok my band we have been practising at our drummers house and we have for awile and then one day when we were just about to starting thrashing out into master if puppets and then the police knocked on he garage door! two of them! so we opened up and they got us intruble for being to loud and they have had complaints and they said that if they have to come again they can take our gear away for like 12 hours or somthing, fancy that noise complaints on the first day i got my new 100watt half stack, so anyways that was a few monthes ago and we havent been able to find a good place to settle down as our new band place thingy weve tried: New house (two loud again) , tried looking for halls and stuff $75 for 2 hours no way, and currently weve having to been taking all our gear every time to our drummers dads steel workshop and thats been a pain in the ass becuase its hard, but we can be as loud as we like there thought.... ANYWAY we are going to start soundproofing our drummers garage and i was wondering if any one new any good ways of soundproofing?

sorry about my long story and my nooby ness and my slopy typing, what ever

peace out, and METAL INSERTED UP YOUR ANEL CANEL, asfjoghaqhguoahsfg, BYE
lots of egg cartons, curtains, virtually anythign that will absorb sound vibrations. lots of carpet works too. and there are psecial wall units for drummers to muffle their sound. they usually sell them at your local guitar center.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Sound absorbing foam
Insulation
Carpets
Take the metal out of your 'Anal Canal'
Buy earplugs (you're going deaf already, I can tell.)
~or~
turn the **** down

Done!
play jazz

lol kiddin

try heavy blankets and a staple gun. it worked for my friend's band and he lives on a boulevard of bitchy neighbors. also those cheap yellow matress foam things are good.

if tackin blankets to the walls aint your thing, electric drumsets are good for keeping it quiet. invest in one
Bet you wish you live where I live.

Everyone in my neighborhood seems to play their music loudly, so no one cares if you play loud.

Maybe your band is terrible or something.
Quote by SeanHart213
play jazz

lol kiddin

try heavy blankets and a staple gun. it worked for my friend's band and he lives on a boulevard of bitchy neighbors. also those cheap yellow matress foam things are good.

if tackin blankets to the walls aint your thing, electric drumsets are good for keeping it quiet. invest in one

Good idea, except that Electric Drumsets get REALLY expensive VERY fast.
Blankets and a staple gun will be much cheaper.
i am also having this problem, and alot of the sound gets out through the garage door

how do i cover that while still making the garage go up
There is so much free time in college.
Thus I procrastinate.
Thus I get better at Guitar.
it's all hit and miss. some methods posted will actually ACCENTUATE frequencies. I say trial and error method by reconfiguring your setup and maybe even making portable walls to create a space between them and the actual walls to trap the sound. then start putting up blankets and ****.

p.s. eggcrates will be a huge waste of time. i know from experience
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
go to a local craft store and get some of that foam **** people use. that shoudl help out a lot, cheaper than getting that expencive sound profing crap.
do i put foam on my garage door?
it wont go up
maybe?
There is so much free time in college.
Thus I procrastinate.
Thus I get better at Guitar.
Quote by phatsack
it's all hit and miss. some methods posted will actually ACCENTUATE frequencies. . .

p.s. eggcrates will be a huge waste of time. i know from experience

facts.