What kind of music do you play and what amp do you have?

At that price range, I think buying a guitar is more about feel than about tone, because everything sounds good (or would sound good with a pickup change ).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
you'd really have to play both and decide from there. i've never played a tokai love rock, so i can't justifiably say anything about it, but comparing prs customs to the lps that i've played...they feel drastically different, from necks to body to weight etc. they also both will have distinct tones. it's very much your own preference.
Quote by climhazzard
you'd really have to play both and decide from there. i've never played a tokai love rock, so i can't justifiably say anything about it, but comparing prs customs to the lps that i've played...they feel drastically different, from necks to body to weight etc. they also both will have distinct tones. it's very much your own preference.

+1

I don't really like the feel of PRS guitars at all, but some people prefer them almost exclusively.