whats crakin?

Ok heres the kish, i have a marshall mg100hdfx head and a marshall mg quad box,
and im going to be selling my marshall mg100hdfx head and saving up and buying a marshall jcm2000 100watt dsl head. Seeing as im only 13 and i dont have a job and i busk at the local markets with an old electric and a batery amp (and i get like $200 whcih kicks asss, australian dollars buy the way) each time, saving up $2400 aus is really tuff so..... im wondering if running a jcm2000 100watt head through a mg 120watt cabnet would go alright? i know the mg series arnt the best but its still a celestion loded quad, would it have the much diffence on the sound? would i be doing this amp any justice? most importantly will it kick @$$?

ok thanks for putting up with my noobyness and my slopy typing

SHRED YOUR FINGERS OFF!

My Gear:

Gibson sg special fadded cherry
Squier bullet strat

Marshall mg100hdfx head (soon to be JCM 2000 DSL )
Marshall mg quad cab
Marshall mg 15watt mini stack
Old peavey rage158 combo
Honey tone 9 volt battery amp
it would work, but it won't be that great. u'd want a new cab later. MG speakers/cabs are ****.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
If you don't have the money, you've got no choice really, but that head is awesome, and the cab is garbage. The best fit is a 1960A.
I'd say go for it, it'll get you by for now and later on you can switch out the cabs speakers for V30s.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
LOLLLL why on earth would u reccomend getting a marshall mg cab and replacing the speakers with v30s....thats the dumbest idea EVER...sir you fail at advice.....anywho yea go ahead and get the mg cab...you will regret it very soon, but it will do till u can afford a NEW CAB...not to replace the speakers with v30s....lmao
^he should sell the marshall as a half stack. get more money there, and then get the marshall, and vader cab with either celestions or webers.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by gnr_axeman74
LOLLLL why on earth would u reccomend getting a marshall mg cab and replacing the speakers with v30s....thats the dumbest idea EVER...sir you fail at advice.....anywho yea go ahead and get the mg cab...you will regret it very soon, but it will do till u can afford a NEW CAB...not to replace the speakers with v30s....lmao

I've never bothered trying an MG cab, and so long as their construction is ok, why not just replace the speakers? If the cab is constructed poorly, then yes, I'd take back the words of advice.

I still say use the DSL through the MG cab for now, not the best set up, but certainly could be worse (like an MG100HDFX through an MG cab).
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
but seriously...how much is the cab...500? how much are the spakers? x4? = pritty close to the cab price is it not? and yes its poorly constructed
Quote by wongacaster
dude you can get the dsl much cheaper than $2400.
or is that the marshall cab and head?
because if you went into a store with cash you could get it really really cheap.
or off ebay. they are always on there. with cabs.
at like $1500-$2000 aus.

but dont use the mg cab.
a bad cab wont let your amp shine.

bad speakers won't either. (in my DSL combo... mg speakers???)
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^he should sell the marshall as a half stack. get more money there, and then get the marshall, and vader cab with either celestions or webers.

Best advice.

The MG cab is garbage. Unload it if you can. You're 1000x better off with a quality 2x12 over an MG 4x12.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.