Hey people,

I plan on getting a Marshall JCM 800 2 x12 extenstion cab for my JCM 800 1X12 combo. My combo has a Celestion G12-80 in it, and the Cab has G12-65's in it. Can my combo be adjusted/matched to be played through the cab? (very noob question, I know, just help me out here).

FYI, I don't gig or anything, I'm just looking for more "roar/boom" and more of a "3-D" sound to my amp. Am I making the right decision in buying an extenstion cab? I just feel a 1X12 lacks power and deeper tone. Thanks for any knowledge. Much appreciated!
BTW, the G12-80 in my combo is 25 years old. Would a change in speaker possibley make up for my needs instead of buying the 2X12 cab???
The age of the speaker isn't a real issue, unless it's damaged. You're losing the boominess you're looking for with the open back design, though. A 2x12 closed back cab will probably give you the sound you want. Is there an extension or external speaker jack on the back of the amp? If so, you can plug the cab right in there. Otherwise, does the amp's speaker connect to the amp via a 1/4" jack? Again, if so, you can unplug the amps internal speaker, and plug in your cab there.

Make sure you match up the ohms, and that you always have a speaker connected when you turn the amp on.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
The age of the speaker isn't a real issue, unless it's damaged. You're losing the boominess you're looking for with the open back design, though. A 2x12 closed back cab will probably give you the sound you want. Is there an extension or external speaker jack on the back of the amp? If so, you can plug the cab right in there. Otherwise, does the amp's speaker connect to the amp via a 1/4" jack? Again, if so, you can unplug the amps internal speaker, and plug in your cab there.

Make sure you match up the ohms, and that you always have a speaker connected when you turn the amp on.

Thanks man! I have my internal speaker hooked up obviously, there is also another 1/4" jack for speakers. Does this mean I can run my internal speaker and the cab at the same time? Yeah, I'm dumb, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Thanks!
Last edited by nightrain28 at Oct 22, 2007,
^ And extension jack will run a cab along with your amp's internal speaker, an external jack will automatically cut out the amp's speaker and run just on the cab. If it's not labelled, you'll just have to plug in and see what it does.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.