Well, my gf has been down lately because of her parents' fights (which are become more frequently) and i want a song/songs to play for her that would cheer her up. I also want them to be emotional, not random shred. Keep in mind that i recently got her into Steve Vai and Trans-Siberian orchestra, though before she was/is a fan of classical piano and Kenny G. a few things to know:

-I use a Trademark10, a Washburn KC-42 with active EMGs and W-600 washburn floyd rose
-I've been playing for a little over 2 years
-I can tap, do natural, artificial/pinch, whammy bar, and tapped harmonics
-I can do downstroke sweeps, but not ups (yet )
-i've got 5 yrs music theory (rhythms, scales [48+major modes], terms, etc.) (if it means anything)
-and i can't switch between distortion and clean easily

Nothing too hard, but still challenging. Thanks
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Heyyyyyyyyyy write your own.

It'll have a far greater effect than any cover you do.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Heyyyyyyyyyy write your own.

It'll have a far greater effect than any cover you do.

+1
chicks love it when you say "this is a little something i wrote for you"
problem is, i've been playing instruments in an enviroment in which i have between 8- 10 different instruments playing, each playing harmony, melody, countermelody, or bassline at once for around 5 and a half years. and that reflects on my composition style. in short, i can't write for just 1 instrument, i feel it sounds hollow and weak when I do
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Finger-style! You can get all those neat bass lines and stuff in it. Look at Francisco Tarrega, he does kickass guitar parts that sound full of life. I mean, it's not like you're gonna do a cover of a song and the drums are gonna suddenly kick in outta nowhere, right? Unless this is one of them "Across The Universe" type movies.