Ok, this thread is directed mostly towards Canadians, but any non-hockey loving, and igloo living being can have their input.

Does ANYONE know the price of the Peavey Transtube 212 EFX, or 112 EFX for that matter in Canadian funds? I ask at the local music store, and all they told me was to go onto the Peavey website, and their prices on Peavey are not only in American funds, but are directly from the manufacturer. I've looked at the three websites of the major retailers I wish to purchase from, and none of them have the Peavey Transtube 212 EFX or the Transtube 112 EFX listed.
I am at wits end, so I've turned to UG.
HELP ME!!!

btw: i don't live in an igloo
Well, I just went to Musicians Friend and checked their price which is 549.99 USD for the 212 EFX, then I went to XE's Currency Converter and changed it to Canadian Funds which would come to $532.41 since our dollar is slightly higher now. Of course, this does not include shipping nor duty fees. So a regular store price would be anywhere from $530-650 depending on the markup the store is using.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
First, remember that our dollar is stronger than the US dollar right now, ok?

Second, I just checked it out at musiciansfriend.com, the 212 efx is 549.99 there, and they have a list price at 699.99. In canadian dollars, this would be roughly 532 and 677, respectively.

So, there you have it. Somewhere between 530 and 700 Canadian.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Travis^Co, way to beat me to it. and do the exact same thing...hahaha
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
gosh. i never thought of using a currency converter....
actually i did.
but the thing is, my local music store promises lower prices than MRSP, so thats where i finally got the idea to email the d***he.
Quote by matx33
Travis^Co, way to beat me to it. and do the exact same thing...hahaha

hahaha, Ah, it's all good.

As for your local shop having "lower prices"...they CANNOT mark it any lower than Musiciansfriend.com. MF is usually the lowest price without breaking the Dealer Agreement for Marked Pricing so if your local shop does go lower and the Dealer finds out...well say goodbye to their contract.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
Even though our currency is worth more now, expect to pay as much as if it weren't. Add 15% to the USD price and that's more in the ballpark.
Canadian prices are becoming equal to US ones just starting now. There's a whole movement towards it and Flaherty (our finance minister) is pressuring companies to do so. You might just be able to get it for a US price, but I'm not sure.
Quote by Shuk
Canadian prices are becoming equal to US ones just starting now. There's a whole movement towards it and Flaherty (our finance minister) is pressuring companies to do so. You might just be able to get it for a US price, but I'm not sure.

whos flabberly?
i'm totally confused...
anyways, im at school now, just checking my UG, but i can't access my MSN so i can't see if any places emailed me back.
yeah, go figure. the school doesn't block UG bit instead blocks MSN. good going sypmantec.
Quote by electrik
Even though our currency is worth more now, expect to pay as much as if it weren't. Add 15% to the USD price and that's more in the ballpark.

this is pretty much spot on. what local stores have are old stock, which they probably bought when the USD was still stronger, so expect the prices to be higher. although you may be able to haggle, and get it at a lower price.
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp