I remember playing one a while ago, and from what I remember it was a nice playing guitar, and with a mahogany body and set neck how can you go wrong?
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
I should also mention I am going through a Peavey 6505+ and will probably buy a Fender or something for cleans if I need to.
I've been very underwhelmed by many of the PRS SE series guitars. Mostly a problem with poor resonance and a generally feeling of "deadness."

I'd definitely recommend looking into Michael Kelly Valors. Better specs for the price, and I've always been impressed by MK build quality.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
I've been very underwhelmed by many of the PRS SE series guitars. Mostly a problem with poor resonance and a generally feeling of "deadness."

I'd definitely recommend looking into Michael Kelly Valors. Better specs for the price, and I've always been impressed by MK build quality.

I will defend even the low-end PRS models because I love them so much. Yeah, a few of them do feel as hallow as a crap-Dean guitar, but if you play before you pay and find the right one, I say go for it. I've never tried out an MK guitar, but hell, no harm in doing so. Go out and try a few others of the same price-range and see if any of them bring a bit more to you. I'll always vote for PRS though.
+1 on the Michael Kelly- the PRS are decent but Kellys= bang for your buck.
Dude, DO NOT get the stoptail version! I have a PRS SE Singlecut and let me tell you something about that stoptail: IT'LL SCREW YOU DURING INTONATION!!! PRS Stoptails (even the ones on the expensive models) don't have separate saddles or whatever to intonate each string separately. It's giving me a headache since today and I'd probably have to invest on a TonePros PRS Stoptail replacement bridge.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.