I am looking into starting to record my own music and was wondering about how to go about seting up a portable recording station using my pc, and I have no idea where to start. Any help would be much appreciated.
Well if you get a mixer or a cheap PA, use the line out direct to the computer. Thats what ive got in my shed and it comes out very good qaulity, theres i mic above the drums in the middle abouta metre above, 1 on the bassdrum and one on the snare and it sounds good. then just mic the guitar amps up with a single mic on each and your set.
Quote by pagan_bloodlust
I am looking into starting to record my own music and was wondering about how to go about seting up a portable recording station using my pc, and I have no idea where to start. Any help would be much appreciated.

It depends what you want to do... If you just want to record yourself, those line6 things seem to do a preety good job ive heard.... If you want to do full band recordings id highly recomend getting a presonus firepod (8 simultaneous input interface) that you link to your computer via firewire, then record with cubase le... Works verry well... I have a Rode NT1 for vocals/acoustic guitars/sitar etc, shure sm57's for snare drum and guitars, DI the bass straight into the firepod, a behragh dynamic for the bass drum and two seinheisers for the overheads for the drums.... Also got a couple of nice KRK monitors....That cost me in total about $3000AUD with cables and stands etc
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.