basically i want one. i live in oz and they list for around 2200 on the net. my question is if i import one from overseas will i be getting better quality for the extra price ill pay fro shipping?
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
No it shouldn't matter if you buy one from another country. The only difference will be the rated voltage so you need to make sure the one you're buying is rated correctly for your country.

VH100R is a great amp. Fender cleans and Marshall(ish) drive in one
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
i know about the voltage the reason i asked is because i have a mate's mate who bought his dual rect (mesa) from the states because he reckoned they were so much better from the homeland.

so basically im wondering if theres a quality issue in that regard
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Doubt there's quality issues but I have heard that some amps sound better at the manufacturer's originating country. This again is probably due to the voltage difference as you would need a different mains transformer which could influence the sound. It is possible that the amp's sound better as the engineers would have designed the amp's sound at their local voltage. However the mains transformer shouldn't matter anywhere near as much as the output transformer and these are the same across all models. I've never heard (not counting live bands and clips) a Boogie from the states or Marshalls in the USA so I really don't know how much difference it makes. Personally I wouldn't bother as the trouble of carrying a transformer far outweighs the doubtful benefit of different voltage. But then again, who knows your friend might be right.
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
Last edited by KazVH100R at Oct 22, 2007,