I was watching some Victor Wooten and i saw him do what appeared to be a Harmonic slide of some sort. is this possible? i have been playing with it and i cant get even close to one, anybody care to shed some light on this?
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
Harmonic slides on bass are very possible (although much easier on a fretless). Just hit the harmonic (and start with a very defined one like the 5th or 7th fret) and then bring your finger quickly down onto the fretboard and continue the slide as you would with a normal note. Sounds good in a few situations but is pretty gimmicky and useless overall.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
its not possible!!

just kidding

he plays the harmonic, then does a type of hammer slide. then the harmonic rings out from that frett.

so i'm guessing you have seen the video i did where he did a harmonic on 5th frett and did this hammer slide thingo to 7th frett.

try it, it's not all that hard

Edit: beaten

my bass teacher was astounded when i showed him (hes been playing for like 20 years and didn't know about it lol