im looking for a distortion pedal to use for my tube 5150. i need to add a rythym channel over top of my clean channel, so i want something tube or tube sounding. I want to make my rythym channel sound more like my lead, but no matter how much i tweak i cant get it to that level.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Last edited by Sirwinston89 at Oct 31, 2007,
Why?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
i need it to go from a clean to rythym channel, and to do that i without a pedal, i have to walk over, turn down my gain, then turn my volume up to an appropriate point.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

urs is single channel? use ur guitar's volume knob.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
digitech bad monkey
Gear
95' Fender Strat w/ Texas Specials
Crate 212xr
Fuzz Face
Crybaby
among other things
Quote by Sirwinston89
i need it to go from a clean to rythym channel, and to do that i without a pedal, i have to walk over, turn down my gain, then turn my volume up to an appropriate point.

Find a good rythym tone, then roll down the volume on the guitar to acheive cleans. Try it out and tell me if that is satisfactory.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

i've been doing that for a while, especially with my old guitar, but my new axe has emgs
so they dont clean up great.
Quote by bass-man9712

Quote by Sirwinston89
i've been doing that for a while, especially with my old guitar, but my new axe has emgs
so they dont clean up great.

Why'd you get EMG's if you need cleans?
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Sansamp GT-2 is what you are looking for..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

i not sure why i got emgs, they just sorta ended up there. i usually roll the volume back but i find the tone is weaker (possible due to the emgs) and sometimes i miss the sweet spot and i turn off all-together.
Quote by bass-man9712

since when were 5150s single channel anyway?

mesa make two things, ones called a v-twin i think and another smaller version called a bottlerocket, the v-twin (probably not even what its called) is basically the pre amp out of a dual rec

EDIT: ...or so ive been told
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Oct 23, 2007,
've never heard of a one channel 5150, but i wouldn't put a distortion pedal in front of a 5150. if you use a distortion pedal, you're basically not taking advantage of your amp's one major strong point: it's great natural distortion. if it's that important to you, and you like your lead tone as much as you do, the only real logical solution is to either look for another little amp that you can use for cleans, and a-b the two, or find another amp altogether that will do all that you want it to.
hmm thats a good point. the 5150s arent single channel, but have a rhythm and lead. The rhythm is for distorion and clean, so to go between the two, i need to walk over to the amp, alter my gain, then change the volume to fit with my other guitarist. its little lengthy of a process for gigs, so i would like to sort of convert my amp to three channels. would a clean boost over top of my lead channel work? that way i could use my rhythm channel for clea, my lead for rhythm and lead with a boost for leads.
Quote by bass-man9712

Quote by Sirwinston89
hmm thats a good point. the 5150s arent single channel, but have a rhythm and lead. The rhythm is for distorion and clean, so to go between the two, i need to walk over to the amp, alter my gain, then change the volume to fit with my other guitarist. its little lengthy of a process for gigs, so i would like to sort of convert my amp to three channels. would a clean boost over top of my lead channel work? that way i could use my rhythm channel for clea, my lead for rhythm and lead with a boost for leads.

Yes, that's exactly what I was going to suggest, however, when I tried a clean boost it honestly didn't do much. The TS-808/OD-808 sounded much better and actually added to the tone.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
blackstar? i heard they're really really good

or mesa vtwin pedals, they actually have valves in them!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
so is anybody from US interested in a hotrodded tubescreamer?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard