Hey Guys I'm running this current setup--just picked up the Fender pro junior, and I;m in love with the tone I have, but I know I need some overdrive-crunch in there as well. I'm wondering about what the best way to add some good overdrive ability to my setup as is.
At the moment, i was considering just picking up a nice wah pedal, and using it in certain positions to generate more overdrive if necessary, I've never had much experience with a wah though, so I'm not sure how plausible that is.

anyway, my setup

Mahogany American Deluxe Strat (HSS)
Line 6 pod xt- Definitley not something I'd like to use, got it for free from my girlfriend, but I don't like the tone i generally get
Fender Pro Junior

Thanks guys, your help is appreciated. Also, my budget is from around 50 for just an overdrive pedal, or up to a 100 or so if theres a good wah or pedal combination out there that I could get to solve the overdrive issue.
I was thinking about going that route, but I think for my money I'd rather have that footswitchable ability of a pedal
then you're striving for solid state tone. it works great if that's what you're looking for. i mean, solid state pedals color your tone. I thought you like the tone you get from the pro jr.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I see. So anything under 100 is going to be just another solid state overdrive pedal? If that's so, what If i were to buy a decent wah pedal and leave it just slightly engaged, would that give me an overdrive that'd be decent?
^most pedals out there are solid state overdrive emulation pedals. Ibanez Tubescreamer, Fulltone OCD, all those are nice, but still solid state overdrive. wah pedal isn't an overdrive pedal. overdrive is what you get from turning up the amp over the volume threshold till it starts clipping. wah makes it sound woahhh.

u might like solid state overdrive pedals though. so at least give it a shot.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I'm running my strats though a Digitech Bad Monkey into a Fender Blues Jr. The tone of my guitar/amp combo are always VERY present with the pedal set to crunch it a bit or set to cranked. I bought both the digitech and tubescreamer ts7 a couple weekends back and have since returned the ts7.
2007 Deluxe Lone Star Strat
2004 Standard HSS Strat
1993 American Standard Strat

Peavey Classic 30 (The practice)
Mesa Lonestar Special (The gigger)
I use my Bad Monkey specifically to colour my tone and send my amp into OD. I set the EQ knobs to give me a bit of fatness, turn gain right down and level right up - result is boosted mids, boosted gain, fatter tone and awesome crunch.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.