Today I got a letter from Better Music (local music shop where I live) and it had a brochure in it for a Roland/Boss sale. Basically, it is all ex-demo, ex-rental and excess stock (lots of ex's) and it is supposed to be minimum 25% off.

I think I am set for gear at the moment, but some of these deals sound very good, and it is only happening on one day (this sunday), so I have a bit of time to decide if I want to get anything.

I have been wanting to upgrade my transtube for a while, and was thinking of maybe a cube 30x or 15x, as most people tend to recommend on this forum. Is it one of those home amps that will last me for a while, and be worth getting? I think I am going to get sick of my Peavey Solo one day. I was thinking of a Peavey Windsor studio, which I am not all to sure about yet. If I did upgrade to a tube amp, I probably wouldn't get to play it at home and will probably be stuck practising on my Peavey forever.

So basically, I am asking if there is anything worth buying while it is really cheap (mainly amp). I don't have to buy anything, but I have a lot of money on me at the moment. I have only been playing for about 9 months and play mainly 80s thrash metal.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
^anything to say about it?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
The Roland GT8 is a multi-fx pedal, it's pretty good as far as they go.

Probably not really worth it for you yet, if you've played for less than a year, and stick to one style.

Save up for a new amp, I reckon, mate.

Worth having a look though, something might take your fancy.
Okay, thanks for the help, I'm not really sure if I want the cube yet though, that was the main question though. Now that I think about it, a better question would be should I save up for a tube amp first or get a cube while they are cheap, even though I already have a alright practise amp?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Last edited by grobbo91 at Oct 22, 2007,
For me I'd save up for the tube amp, just because I gig regularly and I don't neccesarily need to get overdriven tones when I'm practising.

If you really don't like your practice amp, I'd say get the Roland Cube. If worse comes to worse, you can always sell it and try make a profit (if its that cheap).
The brochure says that the Cube 30x goes for around $350. I don't think I would be able to make a profit out of that...
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200