Hey, i live in Australia and i'm planning on buying a new guitar. I really want to get the ESP LTD EC-1000 but where i live (QLD) they go for around 2100 and its a bit out of my price range. I looked on the net and all of the US stores sell them for around 1000 (aust.) but they dont ship overseas. I was wondering why they are so much cheaper there and what my best option would be? thanks
Instead of ESP lTD, it would probably be a hell of a lot cheaper for you to get edwards. Same company as ESP LTD but its the japanese division. You get the same guitar for a lot cheaper and seeing as japan is closer than america for you, its a no brainer.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
Instead of ESP lTD, it would probably be a hell of a lot cheaper for you to get edwards. Same company as ESP LTD but its the japanese division. You get the same guitar for a lot cheaper and seeing as japan is closer than america for you, its a no brainer.

Might want to take a look on a map for that one, you'd find they are about the same distance.

At least, the same enough not to really matter.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Nikki197666
Might want to take a look on a map for that one, you'd find they are about the same distance.

At least, the same enough not to really matter.

Checked using google earth. Its roughly double the distance.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX

but how would I be able to get a hold of one of these? I've looked at numerous guitar stores around my area and Australia and have never seen a mention of Edwards, only ESP
Go to a local store that you're familiar with and ask them if they can order it in for you.
Quote by g.a.r.r.y
I don't know if it would be the best idea ordering from a site in a different language, theres some english translation but it's not the best and only a small part of the site

you can always email them. My friend did to find out the details and he managed to get an alexi standard(?) for dirt cheap

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
so most guitar stores would be able to order this in?
and I was wondering how the warranty/customer service ect. would work as its made in Japan
and also, i was concerned about the quality of this guitar compared to its ESP counterpart
im guessing that this guitar - http://ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/guitar/esp/edwards/elp105ce.htm
is the equivalent of an LTD EC-1000
and i noticed that the colour seemed a little different and it had different inlays
is this guitar not an exact replica and is it of any less quality than the EC-1000?
Actually you can get the 100 series for around $1700 Australian if you know where to look.. namely Bmusic.

Linky:
http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/guitars/ltddlx/index.htm

Thats probably the best place to grab any ESP guitar in Australia, they have the cheapest price i've seen.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by g.a.r.r.y
so most guitar stores would be able to order this in?
and I was wondering how the warranty/customer service ect. would work as its made in Japan
and also, i was concerned about the quality of this guitar compared to its ESP counterpart
im guessing that this guitar - http://ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/guitar/esp/edwards/elp105ce.htm
is the equivalent of an LTD EC-1000
and i noticed that the colour seemed a little different and it had different inlays
is this guitar not an exact replica and is it of any less quality than the EC-1000?

You get the market variation of the LTD. Some colours would be more popular in some coutnries as opposed to others.
Manufacturing quality is supposed to be the same. My freind has found no problems with his edwards.
I'm not sure if the guitar stores would order it, but you can email ishibashi and ask.
Not sure about the warranty but shippin is pretty cheap.

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by .arkness:.
Actually you can get the 100 series for around $1700 Australian if you know where to look.. namely Bmusic.

Linky:
http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/guitars/ltddlx/index.htm

Thats probably the best place to grab any ESP guitar in Australia, they have the cheapest price i've seen.

yeah, i saw that just before, it ends up being $1850 with shipping which isnt bad
so you think this would be the best option?
i looked on ebay but couldn't find much
Last edited by g.a.r.r.y at Oct 22, 2007,
are edwards MIJ?

if so, id go with them.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Dave has one. Ask him about the details.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by staticoverdub
are edwards MIJ?

if so, id go with them.

yea!! also check out ikebe. my buddy bought his epi lp with the gibson open book headstock for about 400 USD.