I wana know what you guys think of B.C Rich guitars etc. Ive been playing for 6 months and love the look of B.C Rich in general but especially the Virgin VG1.

I need help, What do you guys think i should go for if i want a B.C Rich, or suggest another brand i should get.
Have you actually played a BC Rich are you just basing your opinions on the aesthetics?

To answer you question though:

Low End=Crap
Mid End= There's better for the money
High End= Actually pretty good but not cheap
If you get a b>C.ric then stay away from the bronze and try and get better than platinum. In the mid range the 2007 range is very good value for money and the high end is amazing

The virgin is a nice guitar, you might want to look at the mockingbird too and the avenger is a dream.

As for pickups, the stock BDSM pickups are decent. A little bassy and muddy but deffinitely usable and have a nice clean tone. I havent tried the new rockfield pickups but I hear they are good.

For other brands, look at agile and ESP LTD but B.C.rich is a good brand these days. However play the guitar first before buying, especially in the lower range ebcause the quality control does vary a bit especally for the necks.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Yeah, stay away from the bronze series.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
DagMG is right. The 2007 range (NT, NJ, ASM, Mockingbird Special 1, 2 and X, etc) are very well made.
They are reminiscent of the 70 - 80s mid range, which were and still are very good guitars.

If you can help it, try to go Custom, 80's (not too expensive and quite good), or USA made. However, they are all fairly good at the least. Platinum Pro and up anyway.
Quote by david1991
bc rich makes good guitars

Hah, Thread summed up in 5 words. Well played friend
I must be the only one who loves my bronze warlock (perhaps i got really lucky). I must admit though the stock bdsm pickups were a bit naff so i stuck a emg 81 in there and it sounds awesome, plus bc rich are unbeatable on looks (in my opinion of course )
Where would you place the WMD Warbeast? It's around $1120 so I would assume high end?
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion
^ mid to high.

If a bc rich is made from alder/nato/mahogany and has rockfield pups stock, its probably going to be one of the better bc riches.

some people claim that nato is just a crap version of mahogany, in a way this is true (it was used as a cheap alternative in building guitar/furniture/other things) but it's not a bad tonewood at all, it isn't really like mahogany, a little brighter and with more sustain, also heavier. i prefer it to mahogany others don't

the rockfield pups are pretty nice. i played a bc rich mockingbird NJ, definitely worth the money
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I think a pickup made of dental floss would serve you better then one from the bronze series.
my gear:
jackson dk2m
ibanez grg170dx.
peavey vyper 15
warwick corvette 5 string
ashdown 5 15
What do you guys think of the B.C Rich Mockingbird? I like the shape but I haven't heard much about their sound.
I'm planning to either go for the WMD Warbeast or a Razorback V. However on sheer specs alone the Warbeast wins.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85

Amps -
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
^^ depends what mockingbird. the NJ series which i've played was amongst one of my favourite guitars that i've played. neck through, nato, rockfield pups, i think it has grover tuners? not sure on that one a real nice and original shape and £400, thats good stuff right there lol

there is a mockingbird which is made of mahogany too. I think bc rich must put more effort into the mockingbirds because equivalent warlocks etc just dont compare. maybe because they shape is more popular they chrun more out and so QC fails.
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I personally felt the Warbeast I played today was one of the best guitars I've ever actually had a go at. Now to look for the Razorback, and then make a decision.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85

Amps -
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
^^ depends what mockingbird. the NJ series which i've played was amongst one of my favourite guitars that i've played. neck through, nato, rockfield pups, i think it has grover tuners? not sure on that one a real nice and original shape and £400, thats good stuff right there lol

there is a mockingbird which is made of mahogany too. I think bc rich must put more effort into the mockingbirds because equivalent warlocks etc just dont compare. maybe because they shape is more popular they chrun more out and so QC fails.

I had an insane idea to buy the cheapest Mockingbird and put EMGs in it. It might still have other problems.
obviously the cheapest mockingbird isn't going to be great, its agathis for one.
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I would love a WMD Warbeast. They play, look, sound, and everything else, incredibly (that made sense).
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Didn't really make sense to be perfectly honest. But yes, I do agree.

Only I wonder whether I'll look like an utter tool playing that shape.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85

Amps -
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
i think the mockingbird has a classy shape, I hate all that spikey crap though, it doesn't make you look metal. at all. if paul allender can play on a classy PRS then why can't the rest of the muppets playing guitars that have already pierced their genitals moments after buying them
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Personally I'm not going for the BC Rich because of how it looks. Hell, I'm not a big fan of how it looks.

If I went on sheer looks alone I'd buy a Razorback V, but I don't know what that sounds like, and I can't justify paying £250 more for a dimebucker, darrell's name and a hardshell case.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85

Amps -
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
You could try to find a Razorback V 255. It's got all 24 frets (compared to 22 on the normal ones) and EMG 81/85 pickups. It costs a bit more though. But nonetheless, awesome guitar. My idol Matt Heafy uses the 225's. I've played them once or twice. They play great but I'm sick and tired of EMG's.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I despise EMG's with a passion, and I'm not in the mood to pay £750 for a guitar that comes with a Licensed Floyd Rose and EMG pickups. Dunno, just me, but that's not value for money.

I prefer the Warbeast currently because it's got an ebony fretboard, an OFR, replaceable pickups which I can put in my ESP and put my Mustaines in the Warbeast, and ultimately at £420, for the specs it's a friggin steal.

Enough money to scallop the neck into a v profile and get a coffin case.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85

Amps -
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
i like the mockingbird shape's

holy hell i'm GAS'ing for the Mockingbird ST...replace that thing with alnicoII pro's, mmmm good to go...lol, i think the WMD warbeast is actually better in this situation, b.c. rich gets alot of crap from their low-end, but people who've played their custom shop guitars (i've had that luck) know they can kick out some nice guitars
I've got a Platnium BICH and I have to say despite the weird shape its the most comfortable guitar I've ever played, And all my freinds who've played it have said its really comfortable too. Plus it looks bitchin..no pun intended =) I haven't had any experience with the virgin but if its like my BICH then you'll love it.

Picked it up for 300 bones which wasn't too bad.

Offtopic slightly....

Anyone know how much a custom shop neck through BICH with floyd rose and made out of...maybe basswood or maghogany would run me?
Last edited by The Charm at Oct 22, 2007,