Do you guys recommend buying pedals off ebay rather than retail stores? I noticed that they are a fair $100 cheaper(Aus). Is buying full priced retail better in any way?
Sigs are too hard to think up
well you always run the risk of scammers, but with big items like effect pedals, id say youre safe because of return policies and what-not. ebay items are very high quality for cheap prices, just read the item description very carefully and look out for all the fine print.
Depends where you buy from. Try sticking with Ebenex if you can, or somewhere that gives you a business address and contact phone numbers BEFORE you buy.
Personally I feel I'm experienced enough to know what is genuine and what isn't on eBay. It's more of an issue where you should try the pedal in store first. You can't exactly return an item to a seller because you're unhappy. With a store, it is possible.
If you know what you're buying buy online. Unlike amps or guitars, pedals are pretty consistent and they don't have much to go wrong so it's pretty safe.
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
Quote by jaypooner
read the item description very carefully and look out for all the fine print.

+1, and always buy from people with the best feedback.

I've had decent luck buying pedals on eBay. Got great prices on a Deluxe Memory Man and a TS808, but had some wiring issues (easy fixes) with a couple others. It's worth the risk if you're saving a bundle, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
do you mean buying from ebay stores? or individuals (i.e. second hand)?

I always liken the new/second hand debate a bit to deciding to either invest your money in a bank account, or in shares. The possibility of larger gains is there with the stock market, but also bigger losses. The bank is the "safe" option, but you're also limiting your gains because of that.

Much the same with new versus second hand- with second hand you can get much better gains, but it's also riskier. depends on the type of person you are, basically. and also how much you're saving.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ excellent analogy that flew right over the head of your average pimply-faced UG'er.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think eBay is a bit safer than the share market. I don't recommend retail at all in Australia.

If you do your research you'll be fine.
isn't that much like shares though? do research and you'll be fine?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I personally love eBay. I've used it to sell and buy various guitars and pedals. I got my main guitar off it, a vintage 12-string, some cologne, and guitar parts. In turn, I've sold pedals and guitars on it with no problems.

I did have to return the 12-string, but they handled it like a professional with no issues.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID