So basically I hooked up with this guy in a message board around mid June and he asked me to play bass in a band he was starting. I met him and the other guitarist about a week or so later at a little get-together with some of their friends. I got such a good feeling about it that I agreed to join the band without even hearing them play.

Long story short, it's almost the end of October and I still haven't heard them play. We had one practice in August but I wasn't there because I was sick, and I was told it wasn't very productive. We can't find a time when everyone's available because someone always has to have an excuse. It's also worth mentioning that I've never even met the drummer, and now I don't even think we have one anymore, but I'm not really concerned about that right now.

I'm getting sick of asking them to jam. I didn't even start the band, they should be taking the initiative. I'm almost at the point where I want to start looking for a new band and just tell them to talk to me when they're ready to be serious, but I've gotten too attached to them as friends to give up now. I just don't know if there's anything I can do about it.
then find some new people to jam with. you dont have to quit this one, especially since from what you said theres basically no time commitment to it. If they decide that they want to get serious, play with them, if not, just go with the new band.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

... wow...
Quote by used123
then find some new people to jam with. you dont have to quit this one, especially since from what you said theres basically no time commitment to it. If they decide that they want to get serious, play with them, if not, just go with the new band.

I agree.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
keep looking don't settle til you find the right band

now don't burn any bridges with this group, they may get their act together, so act like everythings fine

but don't invest too much emotion or reliability in them

I know what your feelin, same situation atm

whatever happens its a good experience