Here's a newly finished bass-driven post rock song, with a concept that kept coming out at me whilst writing and listening to it. I have no idea why and I didn't start it off with that concept in mind.

Crit for crit and stuff.
Attachments:
Consideration.zip
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I like it, i like it alot actually, i think it would work well live with maybe some sort of audio visual representation. Something wierd.

But yeah it's awesome man
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Hmm...

Tough one for me to crit, post rock ain't exactly my thing, in fact, never heard a post rock song in my life.

The clean guitar part at bar 29 was awesome, and at 'Proposal', this piece flows very well.
Not really a fan of 'Happiness', it's the way you go from E to B right at the end of bar 42, i didn't really like the lower register melody part.

The bassline in 'Thought' was great, though in the lead melody think too many dotted notes, it started off excellent, but it was bar 58 that i felt was awkward.

I liked the idea of answers, really did, but some notes clash in bar 67
Good build up to 'Loss'

I love that clean part for Time/Pressure.
I thought the ending was rather, well, odd, just the way the second guitar jumps around a bit randomly.

Other than that, awesome stuff.
Quote by buckethead_jr
Hmm...

Tough one for me to crit, post rock ain't exactly my thing, in fact, never heard a post rock song in my life.

The clean guitar part at bar 29 was awesome, and at 'Proposal', this piece flows very well.
Not really a fan of 'Happiness', it's the way you go from E to B right at the end of bar 42, i didn't really like the lower register melody part.

The bassline in 'Thought' was great, though in the lead melody think too many dotted notes, it started off excellent, but it was bar 58 that i felt was awkward.

I liked the idea of answers, really did, but some notes clash in bar 67
Good build up to 'Loss'

I love that clean part for Time/Pressure.
I thought the ending was rather, well, odd, just the way the second guitar jumps around a bit randomly.

Other than that, awesome stuff.

On bar 67, really? I loved that part, the notes in the guitar and bass are all 5ths of eachother (albeit not harmonized).

On bar 58 too, I know that part does sound a bit edgy but it'll sound much better with a real guitar putting a bit of feeling into it. Also the edginess of the dotted notes does have a part in the 'Thought' area of the concept.

The ending is actually merely a tool for the concept that leads into the next song (called "Acceptance"), not meant to be an effective ending as the ending is actually the ending of the next song.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
(That electronica song was a joke... about how bad music is getting nowadays XD)

the clean beginning was really good. The clean guitar, with the contrasting seconds worked (D#, E), the bass playing those B/D#s went well over it.

I've never really heard post-rock before, but this sounds pretty good. Expectations was a pretty nice bass riff. Clean guitar kinda sounded the same as "love" and "that night"

Was that a bass solo or riff at the beginning of "Happiness?" Either, I kinda liked it, it was pretty good.

The bass started kind of getting a little out of control around "Answers," the sixteenths didn't work for me, but I liked when you added the Electric guitar under it all, gave it a sense of chordal unity, good addition.

Blessing was probably my favorite part, really well done.

Where'd that 9/8 come from? It flows pretty good with the rest of the song, but it just felt, like Buckethead jr. said, really random.

8.5/10

You wanna crit something real of mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693201
(Those are songs I really worked on, crit 'em please) ^_^
4/4 is just so boring. <_<
From happiness to answers, wasn't really my thing. The rest was really good though. Well pretty much everything was said I could say but good job. 8/10
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Oooh.. I like this a lot.. very nice work man.. I really like the bass going on in Loss.. I like the drums trough out the mix they have nice diversity/variety, and I want to ask.. Can I lay down that drum?! Just for fun?! I really wanna play it.. sounds so cool.. I really think you got something going here.. The ending is kind of Tim Christen style and I like how you changed the parts.. not to fast and not to slow either. Just perfect!
Great job man, I really liked it.

I will agree with the other people that said this, the bass sixteenth notes were a little bit much. They didnt seem to fit too well with the rest of the song.

Other than that, it was awesome.