Say, you had a budget of 450 bucks for a new axe. Would you go for a new one or search the ads for a used one?

Anyone here bought a used guitar and can tell me about it?
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
I bought an Aria Universe Anniversary, which would have cost me around $2000, for $450 used, and after replacing the tuners, it worked fine. It's a great way to save money but expect to do some modifications.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
I bought a secondhand line 6 variax 500 (the original variax, discontinued) for £250, and a second hand MIM fender strat for £240 (probably seems like a crap deal to any americans on this site, but they do cost about £400 over here), and never had any problems with them. the only issue is that they are always set up to suit someone else, but that can easily be sorted out.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
So I have the impression that you guys would recommend me getting a used guitar rather than spend my money on a new one?

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
Quote by Archeo
Well, depends on what you're getting.

Care to elaborate?

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
My Les Paul is used. Make sure you check everything out though. Because in February (2 month after I bought it), I removed the pickguard and noticed some of the finish behind it was scratched off (only a little bit), and it looked very unpleasant.

Be careful when buying used off eBay too, make sure you check in-depth on each picture to see little marks/dents or anything like that too.
I got my 2004 s470 with breed and steve's special for $360. mint condition. I'd say you must have a lot of information about the item and the seller.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I've bought used guitars before that were in pretty good shape, but stay away from pawn shops, I've been in a few that had some guitars with the serial #'s sanded off, wonder where those came from...... do a full inspection, look for cracks where the neck joins the body, make sure all the electronics work properly as well.
As long as you don't buy a piece of crap the amount of money you spend on the guitar combined with the amount of money you'll probably have to spend to customise it for you will usually be less than the amount of money you would have paid for the same guitar new, because there are a lot of people who have the wrong impression about buying used guitars and won't touch them with a ten foot pole.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
I would rather buy a used guitar myself. I got the best deals used. A lot of the guitars I bought were already upgraded and taken very good care of. I got a great BC Rich Kerry King V upgraded with Duncan pups for $50.00. I got a great DEAN ML Noir for $100.00 upgraded with EMGs. New is nice if you can find a deal but to me the best deals are used. I rather buy used from the original owner, most of them tried to trade or sell the guitar to a store and found out they would get jack so they sell privetly for a good decent price. You will definately get more guitar for your money used over new. The few new guitars I have bought I got blemmed but all except on my Jackson RR (chip) I could never find the problem on the others.

John
Well, I'm deciding between a used Schecter C1 Elite, Used Ibanez RG Prestige (don't remember what model but it has dimarzio pups) or a PRS Tremonti SE. All of them are about half the retail price.

Fender DG-19 Acoustic