Page 1 of 2
VII fo' sho'!

Dresses up as Sephiroth and preapres to battle Slinovs Cloud
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by jimmy8778
final fantasy=stupid
other games=better
fable=ftw

Fail.

Fable was okay, but the whole "You change the outcome of the game depending on if your evil or nice" was rubbish. It only affected whether or not the people in villages ran away from you or not!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I love final fantasy VIII, that was the first game I ever really seriously played, and hell, now I have it on my laptop and still play a few hours a week.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
Quote by metacarpi
Fail.

Fable was okay, but the whole "You change the outcome of the game depending on if your evil or nice" was rubbish. It only affected whether or not the people in villages ran away from you or not!

+1

Whilst Knights of The Old Republic (awesome game, never played the second) managed to change the storyline in the last quarter (though everything you do is the same). For example, on my dark side character, I managed to kill three party members (for real) and one ran away.
oh how I miss the days when final fantasy was good, not like the crap they're spurting out nowadays (ffXII), ffX was the last really good final fantasy imo
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
Quote by Craigo
+1

Whilst Knights of The Old Republic (awesome game, never played the second) managed to change the storyline in the last quarter (though everything you do is the same). For example, on my dark side character, I managed to kill three party members (for real) and one ran away.

I'm currently playing Kotor, it's awesome, just as you stated!
6, so long as it's the real 6 and not the ****ty American Nintendo translation (YOU SPOONY BARD!!!).

Kefka FTW.
Quote by icyblue
oh how I miss the days when final fantasy was good, not like the crap they're spurting out nowadays (ffXII), ffX was the last really good final fantasy imo

+1

Even 10 wasn't all THAT great
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
I'm currently playing Kotor, it's awesome, just as you stated!

I've completed it twice, one for evil one for good.

Evil is best. Best planet by far (though hard) is the one with the Sith acadamy.
Quote by icyblue

FFXII was alright. 7/10 I'd give it when not comparing to the older ones.
Quote by Draken
7 is overated.

Lies!

Terrible, terrible lies!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
Lies!

Terrible, terrible lies!

Nope. Truth.

IX is severely underrated, also.

I think the past fantasy ones are much more fitting than the future cyberpunk type ones. VII and VIII are freakish freaks in the FF world, IMO.
Quote by Vermintide
IX is severely underrated, also.

IX is VERY underrated.

I seem to remember reading that if you got to a point near the end (I can picture it in my miinds eye, but can't think what it was called - where you fought lots of "mimi-bosses" before fighting Kuja) in less than something like 8 hours you got a sword for Steiner called Excalibur II, was that true?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
IX is VERY underrated.

I seem to remember reading that if you got to a point near the end (I can picture it in my miinds eye, but can't think what it was called - where you fought lots of "mimi-bosses" before fighting Kuja) in less than something like 8 hours you got a sword for Steiner called Excalibur II, was that true?

Less than seven hours, next to that hidden optional boss on disk four (also the hardest one in the game) you can find a (!) above Zidane's head and claim it. I saw it in the offical strategy guide, it's true.
I remember trying to get Tidus' ultimate weapon in X, where you had to complete the Chocobo run with a time of 0:00:00.

Damn, that was hella frustrating! I remember getting a time of 0:00:01 once, was very unimpressed! But I managed it eventually!

I also thought that the sphere grid was a pretty cool method of levelling up too!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

You should try XII, I found it much better then most FF games (the way I see it, the game was made for an older public).

Edit: It's funny how something new is often labelled as crap. It would be boring if they had 15 version of the same game. XII is just a lot different to others, and targets a different public then other games of the serie. Storywise, it was a little political, it reminded me of Final Fantasy Tactics.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Oct 22, 2007,
Quote by Spike6sic6
You should try XII, I found it much better then most FF games (the way I see it, the game was made for an older public).

Edit: It's funny how something new is often labelled as crap. It would be boring if they had 15 version of the same game. XII is just a lot different to others, and targets a different public then other games of the serie. Storywise, it was a little political, it reminded me of Final Fantasy Tactics.

Completed it.
Quote by metacarpi
I remember trying to get Tidus' ultimate weapon in X, where you had to complete the Chocobo run with a time of 0:00:00.

Damn, that was hella frustrating! I remember getting a time of 0:00:01 once, was very unimpressed! But I managed it eventually!

I also thought that the sphere grid was a pretty cool method of levelling up too!

Woah, never heard of that.
Quote by Spike6sic6

I enjoyed XII whilste I was playing it, but as soon as I'd finished I realised how little attachment I had to the story and the characters.

The game itself was pretty good, but the story didn't really grip me
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by jimmy8778
final fantasy=stupid
other games=better
fable=ftw

die please.

play 7 get all the material. and kill Ruby or Emerald weapon.

play 8, try to kill Omega weapon.

Play 9 try to get all the treasure chests then kill that dude ozma.

Play 10 and try to beat all the monsters in the hunting game(impossible.)

Any of those feats will earn you an E cookie.
As for my opinion, I would play 9 because I haven't played it for years.

Edit- FF12 was based in the same world as tactics. I found it pretty boring, I never finished because I was still working on all the hunts.
just play 7. end of thread.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by metacarpi
I enjoyed XII whilste I was playing it, but as soon as I'd finished I realised how little attachment I had to the story and the characters.

The game itself was pretty good, but the story didn't really grip me

Well again, it still ends up as a question of opinions, just like anything.

Personnaly, I enjoyed the... "seriousness" of it (characters for exemple, have much more "mature" looks if I can say, they aren't brightly colored, etc).
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Page 1 of 2