I bought a Squier a few months back, have repainted the body, added a humberbucker back pickup and changed the pickguard.

So the guitar looks nice but the neck is just dreadful.

I have an Ibanez SA260 which is much better to play so the Strat just never gets used.

I am thinking of buying a genuine Fender neck to put on my Strat, but are the Fender necks alot easier to play or is the Ibanez still going to outdo the strat by a mile?
A Fender neck would cost about as much as a Squier. Also it might not fit in the pocket.
if you think the ibanez is easier to play now, then most likely it will still be easier to play after you change the neck. i have an american strat and at first it was wierd to play but then i got used to it and i like it the best of my guitars. i have a shecter which is real easy to play
Quote by Knopfler513
I bought a Squier a few months back, have repainted the body, added a humberbucker back pickup and changed the pickguard.

So the guitar looks nice but the neck is just dreadful.

I have an Ibanez SA260 which is much better to play so the Strat just never gets used.

I am thinking of buying a genuine Fender neck to put on my Strat, but are the Fender necks alot easier to play or is the Ibanez still going to outdo the strat by a mile?

The genuine Fender or Fender Licensed Strat necks would feel closer to the Squier Strat neck. The Ibanez necks are thin compared to the typical Strat necks.

Some prefer Strat necks, some prefer Gibson LP necks ('50s baseball or slightly thinner '60s), and some prefer the Ibanez necks. In your case, the Ibanez is going to outdo the strat by a mile since you prefer its profile.

If it's a Fender or Fender-Licensed neck, it will fit your Squier. Not sure what's wrong with your current neck; lots of players find nothing wrong with the Squier necks. Perhaps you can sandpaper it with a high grit to make it a bit faster?

I bought a strat neck with a straight radius... it feels extremely close to my LTD's neck... so just buy a "U" shaped neck and not the regular "C' shape... and also a professional setup would help a lot as well....