yo guys

something confuses me about tone....it is said that a particular guitar has a certain tone (lets take ibanez for example, ibanez is said to have a unique tone). now obviously one needs to plug your guitar in an amp, which is said also has a particular tone. now when you choosing a new guitar (fender for example) you want a fender tone but you are plugging into a, say, peavey amp. how different will your fender guitar "tone" sound if you plug it into a marshall amp? and whats the point of wanting a fender guitar because of its tone if you gonna plug it into a peavey which will add its own tone and screw up your fender tone.....????

I was going to just post the "LOL, WUT?" picture because I don't know how to answer your question, but I decided not to.

Also, I don't have it saved to my computer or anything.
best way to work it is to buy a guitar and amp that compliment eachother, the amp has more of an effect on your tone anyway. so when it comes to tone look at youre amp first then the guitar
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
Think it just depends on what you use like if you have a distorted jcm 800 with a strat, your still gonna get the warm chunky 'marshall crunch' although the single coil 'fender' sound will still be heard maybe just not as much.
That's how different sounds come, putting a fender into a Peavey does not screw your tone, but in my opinion the tone comes more from the guitar (type of body, strings etc.) But don't forget that pedals can also improve the tone.
It's not going to "screw up" the tone. It's like having a set color (The amp) then adding in another color (the guitar), you get a third color that's totally different. But the amp is the main color that you're just altering with each guitar.

Edit: Oh yes, and pedals, pick-ups, and strings effect the color (tone) too.
They both have their own character.
Imagine it this way: the guitar's tone is the voice, and the amp is the interpreter. The amp can amplify some frequencies better than others, which leads to the unique character of each, but in the end, it's still the same voice.

It's like if you play the same song on an old tape deck, or a modern Hi-Fi system. You might get a different sound as a result, but the "voice" is still the same.
Quote by Cal&Chris_Co.
I was going to just post the "LOL, WUT?" picture because I don't know how to answer your question, but I decided not to.

Also, I don't have it saved to my computer or anything.

here you are
They're all lying, every guitar and amp sounds the same without fail.
Metal Head

One Day, We'll All Go Into The Water.
Go, Into The Water, Live There, Die There.

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Quote by Ryan Nias

*throws an "LOL WUT?" pear at you*

And to finish it, you can paint any house any color. Meaning any guitar will work with any type of music. It's just that some people like a certain type of guitar (Humbuckers to metal, for example) for their type of music.
Quote by Ryan Nias

What the hell?! You sir win the n00b of the day award.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Missed the sarcasm of the day award is up for grabs.
Quote by mcw00t
What the hell?! You sir win the n00b of the day award.

... oops. Sorry, prize just claimed!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I am not sure what you are asking.

Diferent guitars and amps have different tones. There is no such thing as a "fender tone", your tone is whatever you want it to be. Assuming you can afford any guitar, amps, and effects you want, you can do whatever you want.
haha funny guys..ya...
interesting views...
so is it fair to say that it is perhaps pointless to buy a fender for a fender tone because once plugged into an amp the combination will give a different tone....??
you buy a fender because you like the sound it gets through your amp. end of story. not because it looks nice, not because it IS a fender, not because you think it can do teh_br00t4lz.

Quote by abhishek21
Play both without distortions . You'll get the answer

no to that. every amp has different characteristics even without distortion. even two fender amps have waaaay different characters in the clean tone. A/B a blackface and a tweed. there's ur answer.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard